• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Prediction: Someone sees Collins checking out a place at Deacon Ridge, and we all become hopeful he's staying. He then shows up to campus driving a loaded Escalade with JC engraved in the headrests, goes to the draft, we miss on Sarr, and end up with a post version of Joe Dukes.

Prediction: Someone sees Collins checking out a place at Deacon Ridge, and we all become hopeful he's staying. He then shows up to campus driving a loaded Escalade with JC engraved in the headrests, goes to the draft, we miss on Sarr, and end up with a post version of Joe Dukes.

Naw man. These are the new age Deacs. Vibes are flowin and good times a rollin'

What I have seen get the most coverage in recruiting is being either a blue chip player or a blue blood school. Many more seem to write about where the top 25 or so HS players are going to go.

The bigger schools that are also likely candidates for top 25 or so rankings and will be in the top seeds of the NCAA tourney do get more national attention.

Wake is pretty well covered by the people who do that, but there are only a few of them, and what Wake does at the current time doesn't get much national play. Wake needs to beat some of the blue teams, in and out of conference to get more national recognition. Or land obvious 5* talent.

WFU policy only allows seniors to live off campus:

"Wake Forest University currently has a 3-year on-campus residency requirement. Only senior students will be eligible to live in off-campus housing."

That's a big change from the 70s. You could live off campus from your soph year on.

Have there been any marked improvements in the housing options for the basketball guys? I remember when I was there that they basically were relegated to Palmer/Piccolo and then Efird because they had a few bigger beds. Based on what is out there from the blue blood competition and plenty others, I can see that we are at a distinct disadvantage when it comes to the on campus housing.

That's a big change from the 70s. You could live off campus from your soph year on.

This began changing in the late 90's in an effort to reduce off campus parties and thus drinking and driving. In 1996 or '97 there was an awful drunk driving accident where 3 or 4 students were badly injured and some fatalities (I can't remember exactly). Thereafter TK Hearn began in incremental program to restrict off campus living arrangements for students. Sounds like it has gone pretty far.

1996. Like the second week of school.

This began changing in the late 90's in an effort to reduce off campus parties and thus drinking and driving. In 1996 or '97 there was an awful drunk driving accident where 3 or 4 students were badly injured and some fatalities (I can't remember exactly). Thereafter TK Hearn began in incremental program to restrict off campus living arrangements for students. Sounds like it has gone pretty far.

Nah, it's about money.

WFU policy only allows seniors to live off campus:

"Wake Forest University currently has a 3-year on-campus residency requirement. Only senior students will be eligible to live in off-campus housing."

WTF. Is this prep school? I thought you were an adult once you were in college.

As I recall it was not the student's who'd been drinking but some random guy that smashed into them.

It was a piece of shit random dude with three or four DUIs already. Made a bit of national news bc they charged him w straight murder.

But had nothing to do w the girls. It wasn't that late and it was barely off campus.

It was a piece of shit random dude with three or four DUIs already. Made a bit of national news bc they charged him w straight murder.

But had nothing to do w the girls. It wasn't that late and it was barely off campus.

Right. It had more to do with other less fatal incidents off campus and MSD's desire to get at least 3 years of room and board for each student.

Im pretty sure i saw Jaylen Hoard at the game last night. Looked like he was havin a good time.

Back