• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Offseason Discussion

Brasky, Your faith in our offense is based on 20 minutes in the bowl game? Why didn't we keep it going in the second half of the bowl game? Wasn't the 1-5 finish and the second half versus Temple a return to Clawson's norm of the previous seasons? DC has to "ham" it this year. It's what is expected. We'll find out at 1:10 pm on the 9th on Chestnut Hill, when we play a good defense. BillBrasky, do you have confidence in Ruggerio?

If you had any memory of the bowl game, Wolford was hurt early in the third quarter and didn't play anymore. Kearns played almost the whole second half. His job at that point was to not lose. The Wake offense went very conservative.

If you had any memory of the bowl game, Wolford was hurt early in the third quarter and didn't play anymore. Kearns played almost the whole second half. His job at that point was to not lose. The Wake offense went very conservative.

Kearns can hand-off with the best of them. When your only scoring drive of the second half goes three yards in three plays and gets you three points, you have a problem with your offense.

Kearns can hand-off with the best of them. When your only scoring drive of the second half goes three yards in three plays and gets you three points, you have a problem with your offense.

We had one nice drive with Kearns, but he threw a bad pick.

Clawson was pretty conservative after that.

We only had 4 real drives in the 2nd half. 60, 34, 5 and -1.

I don't really see the point in reading two much into our 2nd half output. We won the game

Doesn't sound like we ran the ball well. Hopefully more of a dood sign for our rushing D

Consider that since our QBs can't really run in scrimmages, the D knows it will be the backs getting the ball in every running situation. Maybe that shouldn't make a difference but perhaps it affects our deception.

Dave Clawson was on the David Glenn Show today; said he'd like to play Appalachian ever year. Said that for example Utah State is a fine program, and in fact they beat us out there, but makes no sense to travel 2,500 miles when you've got natural rivals right here in-state. Said the guys are pumped up for the game which is already a sellout.

Dave Clawson was on the David Glenn Show today; said he'd like to play Appalachian ever year. Said that for example Utah State is a fine program, and in fact they beat us out there, but makes no sense to travel 2,500 miles when you've got natural rivals right here in-state. Said the guys are pumped up for the game which is already a sellout.

Since App is now FBS, I think it makes more sense then traveling out to somewhere like Utah State. I guess there's a positive to making those type trips on occasion for program exposure, but you'd probably like it to be against bigger name opponents to maximize it. I do think we should've gotten a 2 for 1 with App though, wasn't it a 1 for 1?

I can definitely see how it's good for the program to only have one non-con road game outside the state. Fair opinion, especially from someone who has only been part of the Wake-App "rivalry."

Given that Wake *needs* to recruit nationwide and doesn't attract the best of the NC talent, I believe it's in our interest to play across the country simply for name recognition, rather than stay in NC. App game is a reputation loser no matter which way you slice it.

Given that Wake *needs* to recruit nationwide and doesn't attract the best of the NC talent, I believe it's in our interest to play across the country simply for name recognition, rather than stay in NC. App game is a reputation loser no matter which way you slice it.

Is there any evidence that works? Has anybody found a relationship between playing road non-con games in an area and a boost in recruiting in that area?

I'd like to see us try to schedule an annual non-conf. game against a regional P5 foe.

Florida
UGA
UT
Vandy
S Carolina
WVU
All-Barn
Bama
etc.

when we formerly played App.ST., it was a lose-lose for Wake.

maybe not so much now; but, not the non-conf. opponent I would choose

This.

Is there any evidence that works? Has anybody found a relationship between playing road non-con games in an area and a boost in recruiting in that area?

I doubt there's any evidence, but I believe this sort of thing benefits the program in ways you can't predict or measure. Wake should be getting in front of as many eyeballs in as many parts of the country as possible.

If we got one recruit because we played at Utah State, I'd be floored.

Alex Bachman / 6-foot, 185 / Junior
Analysis: Bachman started to break out in the 2016 spring camp, and has established himself as a solid route runner with sure hands. He’s been hampered at times this camp with a hamstring injury.

White receiver talking points.

Alex Bachman / 6-foot, 185 / Junior
Analysis: Bachman started to break out in the 2016 spring camp, and has established himself as a solid route runner with sure hands. He’s been hampered at times this camp with a hamstring injury.

White receiver talking points.

Student of the game

Back