• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 Pit Fantasy Football League 1 - RTQ is CHAMP

bump, just need redwing and steelcity to join

tumblr_lrzjgiXfil1qzt1j6o1_500.jpg

Sorry, out of town on vacation. I'll take care of it now.

Full now, thanks everyone.

We need to discuss playoffs, and who/how many get in.

I say top 2 in each division, but division champs plus next four overall works too.

Division plus next four works best.

Anybody else have thoughts?

I tend to agree with Ph, because no one really knows how balanced or unbalanced the divisions will end up being, in which case if there are stacked divisions, the third place team therein shouldn't be punished thusly.

I'll set schedules tonight and post draft order tomorrow. Sorry for using "therein" and "thusly" in a post about fantasy football. #arroganttownietalk

Division plus next four works best.

This is fine. What are the tie-breakers for division winners & next four?

I submit:
1) Division winners - Overall record, division record, points scored
2) Wildcard spots - Overall record, points scored

Edit: Head-to-head record could also go in there somewhere.

Last edited:
One other thing - there are going to be an odd number of rounds (11), so it will give a slight advantage to folks with earlier picks. Just an observation, I'm not sure there's a way to fix it (or that it should be fixed).

One other thing - there are going to be an odd number of rounds (11), so it will give a slight advantage to folks with earlier picks. Just an observation, I'm not sure there's a way to fix it (or that it should be fixed).

Don't think there's a way this can be fixed. And I think it is probably ok since by the 11th round, we're pretty freaking deep in terms of players left.

I'm using the same random number generator I did last year for the draft order.

This is fine. What are the tie-breakers for division winners & next four?

I submit:
1) Division winners - Overall record, division record, points scored
2) Wildcard spots - Overall record, points scored

Edit: Head-to-head record could also go in there somewhere.

I think division winners has to be division record first, then h2h, then overall record, then points scored. WC can just be overall record, then h2h, then points.

Set the schedules and playoff settings.

I'll do the draft order this weekend.

What are y'all doing for playoffs? I'm gonna set league two the same as league one. My preference would be the four division winners (determined by best overall record, tiebreaker order: head to head, then division record, then points, then coin flip) and then the four teams with the most points get the next four. While I'm pretty sure most people will want the next four spots to be based on overall record and I'm fine with that, I like points scored for the next four since its a true barometer of how strong the tea is. How did we do it last year? It worked out fine iirc

I think I just "joined" officially. Let me know if I need to do anything else Townie.

Oh and S MY D Ellis.

DRAFT ORDER

1. PHYS
2. WAKEGAL
3. ELLIS
4. EAGLES
5. BRASKY
6. REDWING
7. STEELCITYDEAC
8. TWDEAC
9. REV
10. RALEIGH