• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 Football Coaching Carousel: Southern Miss HC to Tampa Bay

I'm not the AD could have made a less exciting hire if he had tried.

Apparently the AD has deleted his twitter account. No idea why.
Owen in Tampa ‏@owenhays10 5h5 hours ago

I fully support and welcome Scottie Montgomery to the Pirate Nation. But not Jeff Compher. That douche sucks donkey balls. I wish him gone.
Joe-Joe Hughes ‏@mojo_joejoe 12h12 hours ago

Jeff Compher needs to walk the plank.

I get the feeling ECU fans are not impressed with this hire. Hope it works out for them.

Can someone explain how Tulane is a better coaching gig than Georgia Southern?

Tweet from the East Carolina official account. ECU couldn't even photoshop an ECU shirt on him? Lame.
CWJUQ0hWsAEtZOI.jpg

Tweet from the East Carolina official account. ECU couldn't even photoshop an ECU shirt on him? Lame.
CWJUQ0hWsAEtZOI.jpg

That is lame. When we got Clawson we had a photoshop of him in Wake gear almost instantly.

I got nothing against Montgomery, but I hope ECU lives to regret firing Coach Ruff to hire a guy with no head coaching experience.

That is lame. When we got Clawson we had a photoshop of him in Wake gear almost instantly.

I got nothing against Montgomery, but I hope ECU lives to regret firing Coach Ruff to hire a guy with no head coaching experience.

wasnt there a wr coach we got from wvu a few years back (galloway) who we made buy his own wake gear for something?

Agreed on all accounts. I'd root for Montgomery in any other situation.

QB Jacob Eason sticks with UGA commitment. Word is 30 babes at the SAE house offered to fuck him.

LOWF is probably about the only school out there that would tolerate fans of other schools incessantly posting about other schools' football programs on its board.

Go to hell Georgia, Georgia Tech, Alabama, Florida State, Ohio State, South Carolina, and any other team I missed.

Came from there and then went back there a year or two later.

This was a killer loss. Family is from the area and wanted to stay here long term. Was a great coach and an even better recruiter. Grobe is responsible for causing him to return to WVU...didn't make any coaching changes or show an effort to make the program better. Glad he was able to get out because the ship definitely sank.

Some of his players he was solely responsible for recruiting and/or developing:

Geno Smith, Tavon Austin, Chris Givens, Campanaro, Kevin White.

He really took Givens and Camp to the next level and if you ask them they will tell you that. Great coach, can't believe we let him leave.

This was a killer loss. Family is from the area and wanted to stay here long term. Was a great coach and an even better recruiter. Grobe is responsible for causing him to return to WVU...didn't make any coaching changes or show an effort to make the program better. Glad he was able to get out because the ship definitely sank.

Some of his players he was solely responsible for recruiting and/or developing:

Geno Smith, Tavon Austin, Chris Givens, Campanaro, Kevin White.

He really took Givens and Camp to the next level and if you ask them they will tell you that. Great coach, can't believe we let him leave.

To be accurate, both Givens and Camp were recruited to WF and were productive players before Galloway joined the Grobe staff. Galloway may have helped their development, but both were really talented and likely would've been dominant with or without Galloway.

Clawson and Co. have also been beating Galloway straight up on the recruiting trail IIRC.

Pretty surprised the Navy guy turned down BYU. BYU can be a great job with good Mormon talent to choose from.

Back