• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 College football thread

State has too many good players for this. Coaches have to prepare for tough games, even after brutal losses.

FSU was destroyed by Louisville as well. I have no idea how Duke avoided the rout... State's defense is better than Duke's. Just saying, if you aren't really ready for L'ville and they're "on", it's going to be ugly. No matter how good your program.

Dude is 7-20 in the ACC. Most on packpride, which I'm guessing is where you're basing your opinion off of, also still wanted him gone after the Clemson game. He's a bad coach who often appears clueless in game then sounds more clueless explaining it afterward

3 wins vs Wake. 1 vs BC. 2 vs Cuse. 1 vs a 6-7 UNC team. Is all that correct? That is brutal

It's going to be very hard for any non-top 3 Atlantic team to get a win over one of the top 3. State fans always overestimate the strength of their team/program. They also hired a coach from the "FSU" of the MAC; winning there isn't a big sign of coaching ability. There was no indication to most opposing fans that DD would make a big splash in the ACC, so you have to wonder what State fans really expect. With their remaining schedule 7 wins are still very attainable. Nothing stellar but better than they're used to.

I don't think we expect anything hence why we don't like DD but also don't really care that much. TOB did a lot to take out the excitement in NC State football and DD killed it. We go for the tailgates almost exclusively now. And 7 wins is almost exactly our average since the start of the Amato era, so I don't get the 7 wins is more than we're used to line. 7 wins is pretty easy with our schedules.

I don't think we expect anything hence why we don't like DD but also don't really care that much. TOB did a lot to take out the excitement in NC State football and DD killed it. We go for the tailgates almost exclusively now. And 7 wins is almost exactly our average since the start of the Amato era, so I don't get the 7 wins is more than we're used to line. 7 wins is pretty easy with our schedules.

You can't expect opposing fans to have the same perspective as your own. I looked at Holgersen's record at WVU, and he's been there 6 years with mostly mediocre records after his first year, yet this year he's 5-0 and currently leading TCU 14-0. The thing is, State fans were clamoring for change even last season. And yet even though you allege your fans "don't expect anything", they still believe State should be a juggernaut and never lose to Wake and other programs. That's the "bi-polar" nature of your fanbase.

With someone who isn't Art Briles-like, you've got to allow some time. And I stand corrected, State has had a couple of 7 win seasons in a row. But contrary to your view State fans should be at least "okay" on Doeren since you actually have had winning records the past two years. But your "manic" fans crave extreme success and if it isn't delivered in a year or two just start campaigning to fire the coach. Yet State hasn't won a conf. title since 1979, so where does this hubris come from? I don't blame you all for wanting tangible improvement, but you're so far showing improvement and have a lot to like about the play of your team, even if it could be better. New QBs are almost always prone to lead to a small setback, so that's something to consider as well.

I don't think DD is a great coach, but his new OC from Boise St. seems pretty good, and your defense is stout. If State wants to just shoot the coach if he doesn't deliver greatness in a few years that's just going to lead to comments like mine. A "great" coach will just quickly be hired away from you by the real big boys.

And the squib kick continues to be the dumbest play in football. Let's give them the ball at the 40 just because.

Back