• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
not saying I disagree, but no way we're firing the NFL Coach of the Year 2 of the last 3 years one year removed from winning, especially with the injuries.

not saying I disagree, but no way we're firing the NFL Coach of the Year 2 of the last 3 years one year removed from winning, especially with the injuries.

I don't think he'll be fired this offseason either, but there is something under the surface between him and Cam, and I know which one I'd rather keep around long term.

There's something to be said for the Josh Norman situation sending players the message that unless you're a team favorite like Cam or Luke, you're not going to get paid.

The fact KK still hasn't gotten a deal just reinforces that.

To be fair, not signing Short to a massive deal appears to have been the right move, he has been mediocre at best this season. The reason for his dropoff in play, however, is obviously up for debate.

To be fair, not signing Short to a massive deal appears to have been the right move, he has been mediocre at best this season. The reason for his dropoff in play, however, is obviously up for debate.

His stats are definitely down, but there was an article posted earlier on this thread that he is doing the "unsung" stuff that does not appear on a stat sheet, and this year was not diminishing his market value.

I know 2&2 is anti PFF but KK is somewhere in the top 10 for DT. He's still going to be expensive to keep.

Bradberry had another nice game.

His stats are definitely down, but there was an article posted earlier on this thread that he is doing the "unsung" stuff that does not appear on a stat sheet, and this year was not diminishing his market value.
I think the source was KK's agent

I'm not being sarcastic

Yeah. He was rated 6th by PFF in last night's graphic. Star was 88th.

Assuming Luke stays out, KK is among the most likely Pro Bowlers on the team with Greg and perhaps Trai. Pay the man.

Expensive, sure. But not top-in-the-game money, which is what Gman was facing to sign him previously. And letting him walk without a Norman-like response is now possible. So he has played this one relatively well.

Expensive, sure. But not top-in-the-game money, which is what Gman was facing to sign him previously. And letting him walk without a Norman-like response is now possible. So he has played this one relatively well.
Eh, he lucked out a bit

Given the awful season coming off a super bowl, I'm not giving gman much credit

This team is still talented, so I wouldn't be surprised to see us come back legit next year

So is the goal to win games or save money? Right now, it looks like the latter. Letting one of the best players on the team walk over $2-3 million a year isn't going to inspire confidence from the rest of the roster.

I don't think Ron is coaching for his job. Shula might be.

Yeah, Ron is safe unless we mimic this effort again next season, IMO

Back to back to back division titles and a Super Bowl appearance? No chance his seat is even warm right now

So is the goal to win games or save money? Right now, it looks like the latter. Letting one of the best players on the team walk over $2-3 million a year isn't going to inspire confidence from the rest of the roster.

The goal is to win games, but if you aren't winning games as-is then the goal is to save money to sign guys who will help win games. Signing a guy at $2-$3 mil a year over market value is Marty Hurney, especially coming off a bad W-L season.

Gman's rebuild of Hurney's mess happened sooner than expected in terms of W-L success, which is now biting him in the ass in a way.

I just hope Gettleman tries to, you know, improve our roster this offseason. I think he forgot that was part of his job this summer.

The goal is to win games, but if you aren't winning games as-is then the goal is to save money to sign guys who will help win games. Signing a guy at $2-$3 mil a year over market value is Marty Hurney, especially coming off a bad W-L season.

Gman's rebuild of Hurney's mess happened sooner than expected in terms of W-L success, which is now biting him in the ass in a way.

GMan doesn't want to sign KK at market value instead of $2-3 mil less. Totally not Hurney.

Remember how trash we were before Star and KK? Yeah me too. Give the hogmollies their money

Remember how trash we were before Star and KK? Yeah me too. Give the hogmollies their money

1bu888.jpg

Anybody seen the TMZ video of Ron confronting Cam about the tie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back