• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the unit that is usually the worst part of our D now has its coach as our defensive coordinator? Bit of a head scratcher for me

2015 led the NFL in interceptions. 2016 started 2 rookies who generally improved as the year went on.

Just like McDermott getting a head job after a 2016 season that saw Panthers 26th in team defense after being top 5 the year before.

The secondary isn't supposed to be "good" by GMan's design. He doesn't spend shit on DBs.

Our secondary was meh this year. It was better than I anticipated after losing Norman. Our DL not getting pressure until late in the season exposed the CBs early. And Boston is trash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The secondary isn't supposed to be "good" by GMan's design. He doesn't spend shit on DBs.

Our secondary was meh this year. It was better than I anticipated after losing Norman. Our DL not getting pressure until late in the season exposed the CBs early. And Boston is trash.

up until this year it has done pretty well statistically. they've been helped by good front 7s but they still did well. but this year was pretty shitty statitistically tho there were obvious reasons for that. they still had a lot of picks this year.

NFL Ranks in passing yards against, passing TDs against, INTS

2013- 6th, 4th, T5th
2014- 11th, 16th, T14th
2015- 11th, 9th, 1st
2016- 29th, 21st, T4th

i should add that although i think adding the coach of our worst defensive unit is weird i think rivera has a big hand in the defense anyway so i don't think it'll be a big deal

i should add that although i think adding the coach of our worst defensive unit is weird i think rivera has a big hand in the defense anyway so i don't think it'll be a big deal

Wilks was the Assistant HC and the most experienced defensive assistant and he was with Ron in SD. And he was getting DC looks from the Skins.

The ranking of our secondary isn't bad when you factor in it has mainly been manned by mainly late-ish draft picks and scrap heap guys. Bradberry and Worley look like excellent corners.

the bradberry and worley (especially worley) luv seems wayyyyy overblown on here but i was later than a lot of yall on the norman train and was wrong so there's that

the bradberry and worley (especially worley) luv seems wayyyyy overblown on here but i was later than a lot of yall on the norman train and was wrong so there's that

I'm pretty high on bradberry...he's got the body to be super physical and i think it showed later in the season. the rookies were pretty meh at the beginning of the season but they made some pretty big leaps as the season went on.

Bradberry is going to be a stud. I loved the flashes I saw from him. Let's not forget that Norman was a shitshow until 2015. It seemed like he got an unsportsmanlike penalty every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back