• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really hoping Adams from LSU drops to the Panthers. Hoping a few teams reach for a QBs and he slips farther than he should.

Adams sounds perfect.

A stud Safety would do wonders for the defense. Seems like we had a lot of games where we couldn't get off the field on third downs because Luke and TD were stretched so thin in coverage. Atlanta did it to everyone last year, but we were scorched on third downs agains them both times.

Exactly. Bigger need than any position except LT.

Yep. Do either of those free agent LTs have anything left?

Dolphins LT Albert just released as well. More than a few decent options out there for the Panthers to chase.

A stud Safety would do wonders for the defense. Seems like we had a lot of games where we couldn't get off the field on third downs because Luke and TD were stretched so thin in coverage. Atlanta did it to everyone last year, but we were scorched on third downs agains them both times.

We could have had Landron Collins. Took Shaq instead. :noidea:

With the number of good to great LT's seemingly disappearing in the NFL these days (or more likely the increase in stud DE/OLB's), are teams going to start running more TE sets for the extra blocking (if they haven't already, I don't really pay attention that much to play sets).

Yeah. If Howard is the BPA at #8, I'll take him.

With the number of good to great LT's seemingly disappearing in the NFL these days (or more likely the increase in stud DE/OLB's), are teams going to start running more TE sets for the extra blocking (if they haven't already, I don't really pay attention that much to play sets).

You could. Or use receiving TEs for quick hitters into the rush.

Sure. TE is as deep and talented as ever and LT is not.

The Raiders had a set where they had six OL (an extra tackle) for running plays or when few go out in routes. The extra lineman really disrupted the path/angle to the QB, and was pretty effective in a division where almost every team has a stud DE. I would not be surprised to see more teams adopt this (not full time, but have a set of plays for this formation when needed). So the answer may not be better LT, but more OT (quantity instead of quality).

Panthers bring back Amini Silatolu on a 1-year deal.
http://www.panthers.com/news/articl...Silatolu/43aad11b-3b81-4754-b15e-66d5d4b31b19
CHARLOTTE – The Panthers have brought back guard Amini Silatolu on a one-year contract after liking what they saw during a recent workout.
Carolina drafted Silatolu in the second round of the 2012 draft. He played 34 games with 28 starts from 2012-15, battling injuries throughout his tenure. He started a career-high 15 games as a rookie at left guard and later became an option to play tackle if needed.
After his rookie contract expired following the 2015 season, Silatolu signed with Chicago, but the Bears released him before just prior to the 2016 season opener. He did not play in 2016.

He's 28? That means he was 24 when he came into the league? What's the deal there?

Last edited:
He's 28? That means he was 24 when he came into the league? What's the deal there?

I didn't realize he is that old. Doesn't look like anything crazy. He turned 19 right before 2008 NSD. He may have been held back or started kindergarten late. He redshirted 2008 at Purdue, then played four years. So he was 23 during his senior year in 2012 and he was 24 in the draft. He just turned 28 two weeks ago. I don't think his age is a problem at all. Pay the man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back