• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just wouldn't think that with the failures this team had this year the TE and RB would be the top needs..

Hoping its all just smoke screen talk to keep everyone guessing.

Did Gettleman mention anything last year that would hint that we were gonna go with 3 CBs?

Aside from let our top CB go?

That just meant he was comfortable with other CB options, not necessarily that he was going to DRAFT three of them.

I'm just asking if DG actually goes through with his pre-draft "hints" to the press

Saw where Bradberry was #1 rookie CB and Worley was maybe 7th in pff rankings.

Saw where Bradberry was #1 rookie CB and Worley was maybe 7th in pff rankings.

Yeah IIRC Bradberry was one of the best Deep Ball Corners in the league last year at least for a stretch.

Susceptible to falling on hitches and comebacks, but that balance will come with time hopefully

Yeah. Injuries aside and in a vacuum, the 2016 draft was a good draft. The problem is we could have kept Norman and drafted one CB and two OT and better met our needs.

Been watching the old SB's on NFL Network, and saw the Pats-Panthers game twice. A couple of thoughts:
1) Fox started going to for the 2 pt conversion way too soon. Two failed conversions, and New England then successfully going for two caused a 3 pt differential which means the Patriot FG could have been for the tie instead of the win.
2) I forgot Kasay's KO went OB and Pats got ball on their own 40. Would New England have driven 20 extra yards in time allowed if there had been a touchback?
3) The Pats successfully ran at Peppers all day. All.day.
4) The Pats 2 pt conversion play was the same one they ran against Atlanta: Fake the bad snap to QB, direct snap to RB who runs up middle.
5) Ricky Proehl had a really good game. I forgot how good of a game he had. Smith-Muhammad-Proehl was a nice trio of WR's.

That's been stuck in my head since it happened.

2) I forgot Kasay's KO went OB and Pats got ball on their own 40. Would New England have driven 20 extra yards in time allowed if there had been a touchback?

You may be the only person in panther fandom that doesn't remember that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back