• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird, Captain Munnerlyn is 28 yrs old too and seems like he's been around for ages

Weird, Captain Munnerlyn is 28 yrs old too and seems like he's been around for ages

Yeah. He was drafted 4 years before Short. He turns 29 in April. He was young for his grade and only played 3 years in college.

Even if we got a pro ready LT in this draft, that usually doesn't mean that they will be really good year 1. So if we took a RB, we would be ignoring the largest need on the team and putting 2 more years of prime behind Luke and Cam. We have to fix the line. If we fix the line, we go back to having an MVP caliber QB. It's Gettleman's job to make that happen by any means necessary.

Even if we got a pro ready LT in this draft, that usually doesn't mean that they will be really good year 1. So if we took a RB, we would be ignoring the largest need on the team and putting 2 more years of prime behind Luke and Cam. We have to fix the line. If we fix the line, we go back to having an MVP caliber QB. It's Gettleman's job to make that happen by any means necessary.

Huh? We'd clearly have to address LT in FA in this scenario.

I honestly would be fine trading multiple picks for an all-pro LT....I really do think the offense can be that good if we just get some protection.

I honestly would be fine trading multiple picks for an all-pro LT....I really do think the offense can be that good if we just get some protection.

This. It's even more important now that Cam is going to be more of a traditional pocket passer. I'd package together this year's 2nd, the compensatory 3rd, next year's 1st, and a throw-in for a LT in a heartbeat.

This. It's even more important now that Cam is going to be more of a traditional pocket passer. I'd package together this year's 2nd, the compensatory 3rd, next year's 1st, and a throw-in for a LT in a heartbeat.

Whoa. Depends on the contract situation. Would not want to give that much away that for a potential 1-2 year rental.

But for an anchor LT for the future? Sign me up. We should have gone after Joe Thomas two years ago (or last year).

Clearly for an anchor LT for the future. Slim said an "All-Pro LT." It would have to a trade a team couldn't refuse.

Otherwise, I'd be fine picking up one of the recent castoffs to battle with Oher and Remmers.

An All-Pro caliber LT would be great, but i'm not sure i'd go that hard after one.

The line was abysmal last year - if we can just get competent play from the tackles, that'd be enough. I'm not sure we need some high-priced jabroni eating up cap and drat picks. Bring in some vets and rookies to challenge for starting jobs and/or add quality depth. Injuries compound on the line, we need some players that can step in without having to shuffle the entire deck every time somebody inevitably goes down.

We just need a non dog shit LT

Oher wasn't even good and we made the super bowl

Cam had had some shitty LTs.... Bell, Remmers, Chandler....

I tell a Browns fan that I works with that I'll give him all our picks for his two Joe's (Thomas and Haden). We already gave them a 4th for their punter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back