• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that at the owners meeting there is potential talk and plan making for the sale of the Panthers. I didn't know Richardson cut out his family and upon his decline in health or death the team will be sold.

Maybe someone with NASCAR money/ties can buy the team. That would guarantee they stay in Charlotte.

I really just don't see the value of a TE at #8 compared to what else is going to be on the board. Who was the last highly ranked TE (top 15 or so) who actually produced out of the gate? I'm sure I'm blanking on someone but all of the studs seem to have been 2nd rounders who are more pass catchers/athletic marvels.

Fournette or a safety of available in my book!

Maybe someone with NASCAR money/ties can buy the team. That would guarantee they stay in Charlotte.

One of those NASCAR related groups has already expressed interest. I believe it's the same one that is trying to start the MLS team in Charlotte.

I really just don't see the value of a TE at #8 compared to what else is going to be on the board. Who was the last highly ranked TE (top 15 or so) who actually produced out of the gate? I'm sure I'm blanking on someone but all of the studs seem to have been 2nd rounders who are more pass catchers/athletic marvels.

Mike Ditka was drafted #5 by the pass-happy 1961 Chicago Bears and had 59 receptions his first season.

Fournette isn't likely to be there for us. Some boards have Jax taking him #4. If he is, I wouldn't complain about him. :)

Jstew's deal:

The deal, which has a base value of $8 million, included $1.1 million fully guaranteed at signing, with another $2.5 million coming Stewart’s way Tuesday in the form of a roster bonus. The team created $2.075 million in cap space for 2017 with the deal, as his cap number dropped from $8.25 million to $6.175 million.

Lots of incentives on the deal as seen here:
http://www.espn.com/blog/carolina-p...n-stewarts-deal-worth-8-million-in-base-value

The TLDR version:
In sum, the base value of the deal is $4.25 million in 2017 and $3.75 million in 2018.

At #8, I want a guy who has potential to be the best in the league at an impact position like Luke and Cam because I don't want to pick there again.

Compared to the rest of the NFC South, have the panthers gotten any better so far this offseason?

Taywan Taylor is my pick for a non first round speed WR

It's not my fault the Panthers squandered their one chance and will be battling the Saints for 3rd in the division this year. This year is finally the Bucs year after people have been calling it the last 5+ years.

If Khalil isn't a complete disaster there is now way the panthers haven't improved.

Thus the "if."

CBS Sports released a few mock drafts today. I think they were Fournette, Ross, some DE, and trade up for the DE Solomon whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back