• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a great look when the best highlight reel of Garrett is him torching Sanchez.

Well before the draft. We only lost Velasco and Williams is healthy so GMan thinks we are good there. Drafting a DT was in response to not bringing back Kyle Love.

I wonder if Colin Jones is doomed or if he will be moving from nickel to safety.

Love signed a deal right?

This wasn't a year where we had to address multiple positions.

Disagree. If you wanna draft 3 CB's when we have some on the roster, you might as well touch on an OT or WR or DE or S.

You have to figure that not all 3 CBs will make the team, or else our current group just sucks ass.

Even in UDFA we went: FB/TE, WR, S, RB, TE, LB

I just hate going into ANOTHER season with no OL help. Especially after the disaster at the SuperBowl. We needed OL help and took absolutely none...same with pass rush.

I trust GMan, but we're basically going into next year with the exact same team and as a fan its just a slight let-down (of course, I know you can't complain about having the same team that went 15-1 and went to the superbowl, I'm just talking about being a fan and a draft watcher).

I'm pretty sure no one hates our OL more than me, but we needed DB help way more. Not just because of Norman. Even with Norman, our secondary was not exactly a huge strength last year. I bet all 3 CBs make the roster barring something unforeseen.

I get it...but usually after the draft, as a fan, you get to say "oh yea, we got ________, can't wait to see how they affect the team"....this year we draft a rotation player, then 3 CBs who were either reached for and could have been gotten later, or have major questions, or played against very bad competition.

We'll see how it plays out, but even with just 5 picks, I don't see the whole group sticking or starting.

So basically you want a shiny new toy to brag about to all your buddies. You need to #trusttheprocess

Disagree. If you wanna draft 3 CB's when we have some on the roster, you might as well touch on an OT or WR or DE or S.

You have to figure that not all 3 CBs will make the team, or else our current group just sucks ass.

Even in UDFA we went: FB/TE, WR, S, RB, TE, LB

I just hate going into ANOTHER season with no OL help. Especially after the disaster at the SuperBowl. We needed OL help and took absolutely none...same with pass rush.

I trust GMan, but we're basically going into next year with the exact same team and as a fan its just a slight let-down (of course, I know you can't complain about having the same team that went 15-1 and went to the superbowl, I'm just talking about being a fan and a draft watcher).

KB aside, we were extremely fortunate with injuries last year, particularly on our OL. I don't expect that to happen again, and if it doesn't we are not prepared to replace really anyone on the OL. I realize we're not playing Von Miller every game, but Vic Beasley abused Remmers, and the Bucs just picked up Spence. So if Remmers can't step it up, those games are going to be much more difficult than they should be.

I really like the Jeremy Cash signing. I would bet he gets some snaps this season, especially on special teams. The number 2 TE spot should be interesting to watch between Dickson/Beau/McGee. Wouldn't be surprised if McGee is the better prospect than Beau. I remember Wake going after McGee as a grad transfer cause he was tight with Camp and KJ. I'm almost more intrigued by our UDFAs than our draft picks.

I really like the Jeremy Cash signing. I would bet he gets some snaps this season, especially on special teams. The number 2 TE spot should be interesting to watch between Dickson/Beau/McGee. Wouldn't be surprised if McGee is the better prospect than Beau. I remember Wake going after McGee as a grad transfer cause he was tight with Camp and KJ. I'm almost more intrigued by our UDFAs than our draft picks.

agreed

KB aside, we were extremely fortunate with injuries last year, particularly on our OL. I don't expect that to happen again, and if it doesn't we are not prepared to replace really anyone on the OL. I realize we're not playing Von Miller every game, but Vic Beasley abused Remmers, and the Bucs just picked up Spence. So if Remmers can't step it up, those games are going to be much more difficult than they should be.

Exactly, this is the route I should have gone in my explanation. Even if there are no injuries, our tackles are journeymen for a reason. Either they can't produce, or can't produce consistently from year to year. I am not going to take anything from this past year for granted, and want to feel confident about depth for the entire team, not just one position a year.

I've got big hopes for darryl Williams, but I always like more OL

The only solace I take from not drafting O-linemen is that I know that if GMan saw one he liked, he would have taken them. He loves his bigs and knows the game is won in the trenches, so if he didn't see a guy he liked, then I'm glad he didn't draft an OL just for the sake of doing it.

Where's the evidence that G-man loves his bigs? Seems more like a situation where he thinks he can get Oline off the scrap heap

Agree about Darryl Williams, hoping he has a break out year.

Last edited:
Journeymen FA OL seem like they are often more game ready than late round draft picks, but I could be way off.

Sometimes OL look bad because they were in the wrong system. Then GMan signs them relatively cheap, and they are rejuvenated by the better fit. See Michael Oher.

Interesting story in the Observer about Cash--apparently they see him as more of a linebacker than a safety. Think Deone Buchanan of the Cardinals (or TD when he was drafted). We know how much Gettleman prizes speed in the linebacking corps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back