• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Shaq as more of a pure linebacker than TD was coming out of UGA. Can't argue with the results, though. Really like Cash's versatility (he's a possible special teams ace) and there's no denying that he made a ton of plays for Duke.

Mid third round?? What happened to this guy to make him drop out?

I also don't remember seeing his name on the "Best Available" lists but I didn't watch much after the fifth round.

Hes a safety with coverage ability concerns. Just your normal tweener. That said, i'm still pretty surprised he went undrafted...

Keep in mind there are about 45 guys with a grade for a particular round. So half the second round guys probably had a first round grade,and so on and so on. At the middle to end of the draft, guys can really slip.

Last edited:
Good column. We just have to get used to the shock and awe of GMan's drafts. First there's the shock as he does something completely different than fans and experts expect. Then the awe as everything starts to come together as planned.

His drafts stand up a couple years later in "re-draft" articles.

Carolina's defense is about giving the QB very little time to throw into a very little window. Good pass rush, rangey LB's, and tall DB's accomplish this. I bet Josh Norman will miss the LB support he got at Carolina.

I think Josh Norman was objectively great last year. The Josh Norman of last year could play on any team in any system. However, I think he relies A LOT on his athleticism that will inevitably deteriorate with his age. There were several plays that he made with a finger tip and/or giant leap. Great plays, and ones I could maybe see him making next year, but as for the next 5 years? I doubt it. He doesn't do the things that I feel like need to be done to be successful as an older CB. Namely he doesn't jam particularly well and he gets his cushion eaten up on double moves too often. Now of course, maybe he can learn to compensate for a lack of athleticism like great corners do later in their careers. But GMan obviously didn't want to risk 15 mil/year on that.

That's a man who knows where the bodies are buried.

I'm curious as to who the 2nd hog mollie is that can allow the title of this thread to be "Hog Mollies Acquired" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back