• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our offense will be fun to watch this year. Samuel in the slot with mccafrey out of the backfield. Honestly wouldn't be upset if kelvin didn't see the field. His effort is atrocious and it shows from this offseason. Throw Russell shepherd on the outside to get even more speed and that would be an "evolved" offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there any truth to the rumor that Funions is moving back to TE? Still think that's his natural position, and he was a force there in college. Don't think he ever has a chance of becoming a league veteran, let alone an all-pro, at WR.

Based on that report maybe we should move KB to TE. It'll be interesting to see if they pick up his option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there any truth to the rumor that Funions is moving back to TE? Still think that's his natural position, and he was a force there in college. Don't think he ever has a chance of becoming a league veteran, let alone an all-pro, at WR.

I'm all for this.

Boulware told ESPN that he wasn't happy when he learned the Panthers selected a kicker -- Georgia Tech's Harrison Butker -- over him in the seventh round.

"It hurt a little bit," Boulware said. "I'm sure he's a great player and a great kicker. I'm sure that was a need on their team.

"But I would have loved to have been that pick."

The Anderson, SC, native went on to say that watching the draft and not getting called by an NFL team stung, but the sting was eased by getting a call from Panthers head coach Ron Rivera.

"It sucked," Boulware said. "It was a long three days. I was by my phone the whole time waiting for a call and didn't get one. That (the call from Rivera) eased the pain a little bit. But honestly, I wish he'd called me a little earlier."

Boulware says he understands there are people who say he's too small to play in the NFL, and he has an answer for his critics.

"I'm in the business of proving people wrong," Boulware said. "They said I would never play for Clemson or never start or never make an impact. I was a consensus All-American the past two years, so I'm not really sweating what the critics say.

"I'm really not trying to prove anybody wrong. I'm trying to prove myself right, that I'm capable of playing at this level because I know I am."

God, I hope he makes it. There's not really room in the NFL for a guy with his skillset and measurables, but he's damn fun to watch and root for.

He's our guy now, so I don't find him annoying.

Meh. I'll wait to see if he makes the team before he becomes "our guy"

The Ringer: The Cardinals and Panthers Are The Future of Football

https://theringer.com/the-cardinals-and-panthers-are-the-future-of-football-845ffc6abe72

The Cardinals and Panthers are drafting for the future of football. They’re also on track to be two of the most fun teams in the league.

A quick recap: Arizona used its first-round pick to select Temple linebacker/pass rusher Haason Reddick, then grabbed Washington safety/corner Budda Baker in the second, while Carolina’s top two selections were Stanford running back/receiver/returner extraordinaire Christian McCaffrey and Ohio State hybrid receiver/running back Curtis Samuel. Collectively, these four picks are a great illustration of a simple truth: The NFL is a matchup league.

Boulware has random white guy backup LB who plays special teams (Mayo, Klein, etc.) written all over him

hop on guys, there's plenty of room

kool-aid-1_u2phl6.jpg

God, I hope he makes it. There's not really room in the NFL for a guy with his skillset and measurables, but he's damn fun to watch and root for.

Watch your buttholes, ol' Boul is a comin' for em

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back