• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread: Acquired Brandon Phillips, Pitchers & Catchers rpt SOON

Four pitchers so far in the inning with 1 out recorded and bases loaded. Bringing in a fifth. Still up 4-3...for now.

Bethancourt with a passed ball and catcher's interference this inning. I don't understand the love for his defense. It sucks just like his hitting.

With the amount of catchers we have traded for, signed, and drafted, the front office seems to be just as dissatisfied with Bethancourt.

Last edited:
CHP25n0WgAA5v0s.jpg:large

We would be 5 games ahead in first if we had an average bullpen.

It's time to trade Bethancourt while he might still have some value...

It's time to trade Bethancourt while he might still have some value...

Agreed. You have to imagine that he'd be in AAA getting more playing time if they still foresaw him as anything more than a backup.

Stop me if you've heard this story before...offense looks great. Pitching looks like crap.

Wow....

@Braves: Roster move: Braves have optioned C Christian Bethancourt to Gwinnett and have selected contract of C Ryan Lavarnway from @GwinnettBraves

He has been moved too aggressively because he has special defensive ability that we're still waiting to see consistently because of all his mental lapses.

I think if he has something with the bat, we would've seen it by now. Guy couldnt hit in the minors and he cant hit in the bigs.

Great news. This team can win now with a few moves so they need to try.

I think if he has something with the bat, we would've seen it by now. Guy couldnt hit in the minors and he cant hit in the bigs.

the story is he's the only legit prospect in recent memory who would swing and miss in BP

The most frustrating thing about C-Bet is that his problems now (no plate discipline, lack of focus/laziness behind the plate) is that they are the same problems he has had for the last 6 years. The hope is that, at least defensively, the light will finally come on and he will start to focus more during games and not have so many easily avoidable passed balls, but if it hasnt happened yet, you have to wonder if it ever will.

Back