• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread: Acquired Brandon Phillips, Pitchers & Catchers rpt SOON

so, if we're reasonably close at the trade deadline, buyers or sellers?

tough to take as a fan but I think I sell. keep the plan going. don't let some overperformance throw us off track, strange as that is.

I could see us buying a few small pieces. I think peraza will be traded and won't be a brave ever. There's no room for him. Jace is performing extremely well. Granted, I don't know how he handles CF and why the Braves see him over Smith out there so I could be wrong. Just get some bullpen help and a solid bench/LF/C player.

Two months into the season, and just two games back with a .500 w/l record. Who'da thought...

so, if we're reasonably close at the trade deadline, buyers or sellers?

tough to take as a fan but I think I sell. keep the plan going. don't let some overperformance throw us off track, strange as that is.

Not necessarily mutually exclusive to buy/trade a bit (witness the Gosselin trade) and stay on 'track'. Seems the Braves are doing well in the salary department. A little more middle relief bullpen help could have already had the team 4 or 5 games ahead of the pack.

Nothing succeeds like success, and if the team remains competitive, the front office would want to put butts in seats. That's a good way to get ready for 2017, too.

The NL Least really does suck.:tard: Washington has just been toying with everyone to date and looks to be well on their way now.

We'll see if the Braves can slow them down any this week.

I suppose you could do both since we have salary room. There's a reason I'm not a baseball exec.

The NL Least really does suck.:tard: Washington has just been toying with everyone to date and looks to be well on their way now.

We'll see if the Braves can slow them down any this week.

Yeah, they had a nice sweep of the Pirates. However, before that they lost 3 out of 4 to the Ray and split a four game series with the Brewers.

We do have Vizcaino & McKirihan coming back soon from their suspensions. Hopefully they can provide some bullpen relief.

I would bet that if we are within 3 games of (presumably) the Nats, we buy

4-6 games, hold

More than 6 games, sell

Next 9 games will tell us a lot, as we have 6 vs the Nats and 3 vs the Pirates.

Going to be real interesting to see what they do next year with Maybin, Peraza, Jace, and Mallex. If Peraza or Jace could play 3rd base, that would help, although I guess the primary fear is that neither is a power bat and 3rd base is seen as a power position. Depending on the type of return they could get, may make sense to deal Maybin while his value is high.

Back