• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread: Acquired Brandon Phillips, Pitchers & Catchers rpt SOON

You fellas are running into a buzzsaw tonight.

Wow....

@Braves: Roster move: Braves have optioned C Christian Bethancourt to Gwinnett and have selected contract of C Ryan Lavarnway from @GwinnettBraves

Good news...now trade him while he still has some limited value...preferably for a couple of mediocre relievers

Somebody speculated that he might have ADD because of the sudden lapses behind the plate.

The most frustrating thing about C-Bet is that his problems now (no plate discipline, lack of focus/laziness behind the plate) is that they are the same problems he has had for the last 6 years. The hope is that, at least defensively, the light will finally come on and he will start to focus more during games and not have so many easily avoidable passed balls, but if it hasnt happened yet, you have to wonder if it ever will.

I've never been high on him. Seems like he had a couple of good months in AA, but otherwise a whole lot of meh with a strong arm

I've never been high on him. Seems like he had a couple of good months in AA, but otherwise a whole lot of meh with a strong arm

Agreed. Plate discipline is not really something that can be taught. You either have it or you don't (see Francoeur, Jeff). And, if he can't hit at all (and there is no indication he can), we would basically need him to be Yadier Moolina light in order for him to have much value for us.

No Sandoval tonight. Benched for Insta creeping while on the throne during last night's game.

Braves win. Also Braves trade Gosselin for Bronson Aroyo and Dbacks number 5 prospect.

Hmm. That's really interesting that we got him for gosselin. I guess that's what we get for eating arroyo's contract?

Hmm. That's really interesting that we got him for gosselin. I guess that's what we get for eating arroyo's contract?

Exactly. Taking on the contract of a guy still on the DL after TJ surgery must have a lot of value. Gosselin is a solid utility guy but their minor league guy was an early first round pick a few years back. So eating that $$ was a big part of the deal

Exactly. Taking on the contract of a guy still on the DL after TJ surgery must have a lot of value. Gosselin is a solid utility guy but their minor league guy was an early first round pick a few years back. So eating that $$ was a big part of the deal

That's a risk we can take since we freed up the BeeeJ/Melvin contract.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA #dbacks

— keithlaw (@keithlaw) June 21, 2015

Jim Callis, MLB.com lead prospect writer

Touki Toussaint giveaway by@Dbacks to @Braves to dump $9.5 mil of Bronson Arroyo's salary is the most inexplicable trade I have ever seen.

— Jim Callis (@jimcallisMLB)June 21, 2015

Christopher Crawford, Baseball Prospectus writer

The Braves just bought one of the most talented right-handed pitching prospects in baseball. Good job, Atlanta.

— Christopher Crawford (@CVCrawfordBP) June 21, 2015

Lets put it this way: If Touki Toussaint was a prospect from Cuba, he'd get a LOT more than whatever Atlanta will pay Arroyo.

— Christopher Crawford (@CVCrawfordBP) June 21, 2015

Basically bought a top prospect. John hart, you da man.

Back