• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread: Acquired Brandon Phillips, Pitchers & Catchers rpt SOON

I don't get it. I can't believe we have to throw in our best prospect too. The saving grace is the money he's owed but he's also 30 and hurt right now.

2015: $2 million
2016: $4 million
2017: $6 million
2018: $6.5 million
2019: $7.5 million
2020: $8.5 million

The Braves must really, really like Olivera. I don't know anything about him, but the fact he's already 30 years old leaves me scratching my head.

Wood was one of the only guys left on this heap of shit you could root for. Freddie, Simba, Teheran, and Wood. And Freddie has his own Rep. Last year you had those four plus Oso B, Hayward, J Up, Santana. We even shopped Maybin who is the only new comer with a pulse. This is a hot steaming pile of shit right now.

I have a feeling they are trying to pull off something big in the next 24 hours. We've rebuilt our farm system. It's time to give the fans something to watch in Atlanta.

I have a feeling they are trying to pull off something big in the next 24 hours. We've rebuilt our farm system. It's time to give the fans something to watch in Atlanta.

I doubt it. The goal has always been 2017 & being somewhat competitive in 2016.

I doubt it. The goal has always been 2017 & being somewhat competitive in 2016.

I'm just trying to be positive. You're probably right. On a positive note, we should have a shitload of money to spend in the offseason, right?

I'm just trying to be positive. You're probably right. On a positive note, we should have a shitload of money to spend in the offseason, right?

Correct. But I don't know who we're going to spend it on. Not JUp or JHey. Do we really need to sign a starting pitcher? Doubtful. Alex Gordon will be available, but he'll be 32 before next season starts. Do we need to sign a corner OF that's aging?

Our two position player weaknesses are LF & C. Maybe we sign Weiters & trade for a power bat in the off season (Puig, Bruce, Marte?)

Last edited:
The Braves must really, really like Olivera. I don't know anything about him, but the fact he's already 30 years old leaves me scratching my head.

Did he just get to the USA from Cuba? Not like he's just toiled away in the minors since he was 19 (I think that's right anyway)

Can someone summarize who we got in return.

-Olivers
-Morse
-34th pick.

What am I missing?

The Braves are also receiving a couple of pitchers — the reliever Paco Rodriguez and the minor-leaguer Zachary Bird from the Dodgers — and, from Miami, the 34th pick in next year’s draft.

Bird is a brother, so him, Touki, and Tyrell are all black guy pitchers with big time (raw) talent.

Can someone summarize who we got in return.

-Olivers
-Morse
-34th pick.

What am I missing?

Olivera, Paco, Bird & comp pick. LAD is also taking on Arroyo's contract. So essentially this those 3 + touki for Phil gosselin, wood, Peraza, j Johnson, & avilan.

One thing went through my mind as I was watching the Braves play my beloved Orioles this week.....AJ Pierzinski was batting in the cleanup spot. Seriously??

Over/Under on wins for the rest of the year? We literally cannot score so I'm putting it at 15. What do you think?

Back