• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread: Acquired Brandon Phillips, Pitchers & Catchers rpt SOON

Think Dansby gets the call this year?

I'd say so. Probably the end of July or so. Spent a month in A, currently been a month in AA. Could move him up to AAA and see how he does there. At the very least, he will be a September call up.

Who do we think we're going to fool into giving up anything for Aybar? Why is he batting sixth? It honestly doesn't matter but don't don't overthink trying to build up trade value for guys like Frenchy at the expense of playing time for Mallex.

on the broadcast tonight, Chip mentioned several teams had inquired about Markakis. KC was the only one named.

Shouldn't expect a good return for Markasis. Stilled owed a lot of $, is completely devoid of power now, subpar defense. Last time I checked a few days ago, his WAR was right at 0.0.

Gordon Beckham is making a case to be traded, though. Not sure he'd bring back a good prospect but maybe we can fool the DBacks into it. If he does get traded, I fully expect Dansbae to get the call.

Doubtful. He has been worse than Markakis. Many of the vets we were hoping to flip for prospects at the deadline have done anything but help with that. Beckham & Markakis may be the only guys that have any sort of trade value (excluding Freddie, Ender, Mallex, etc.).

KJ and Frenchy have value as PHs. Not sure what we could get for them. What did we get for the PH we traded to KC last year? (Blanking on his name. Jacked with a lot of Tats.

KJ and Frenchy have value as PHs. Not sure what we could get for them. What did we get for the PH we traded to KC last year? (Blanking on his name. Jacked with a lot of Tats.

Traded Gomes to KC for Luis Valenzuela who played all of 6 games for the Rome Braves last season and has not played this year. I'm not sure if he is still playing baseball because I can't find anything on him for this year. minorleagueball.com had him as a C+ prospect when the trade happened. He raked last year throughout Rookie and A ball but he was 21 playing in those leagues (older than the competition).

Relegated to watching when MLB Network cuts in. Guy looked safe. Did they overturn it?

Olivera suspended until Aug 1 w/out pay.

saves the Braves around 3 mil

Interesting draft stuff. This scenario would be a big win but I think it will be tough to pull off given where other teams with nice bonus pools have picks.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/180371796/pipeline-inbox-2016-mlb-draft-questions?topicid=151437456

I really want Lewis. We've got plenty of arms, take a big time bat.

Saw this on Hardball Times about the Braves: http://www.hardballtimes.com/how-to-lose-fans-and-alienate-people-the-2016-atlanta-braves/

A lot of the quotes and comments in there are eerily similar to the sentiment in Houston in 2013. Baseball fans generally had faith in the front office, but there was nevertheless the sense that the organization screwed the pooch by trying to mount a rebuild right after starting a new TV network (CSN Houston) in which it had a 40% share or something like that. Unsurprisingly, the network failed within 2-3 years. (I've heard that team success has little to do with network negotiations, since the deals are like 20+ year contracts, but still. It certainly didn't help.)

Pretty easy to alienate a fan base that doesn't understand baseball. We already can't fill up turner after 1995 season. Sucks to admit our fan made sucks being a die hard.

Grilli traded to Blue Jays for minor league pitcher

Braves almost gifted a home run when the right fielder came inches away from throwing Mallex's line drive over the fence on an attempted over the shoulder catch.

Back