• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread: Acquired Brandon Phillips, Pitchers & Catchers rpt SOON

Wholesale coaching changes:

http://m.braves.mlb.com/news/article/178627662?partnerId=as_atl_20160517_61712726&adbid=10153701390897831&adbpl=fb&adbpr=35071097830

The Atlanta Braves today dismissed manager Fredi Gonzalez, as well as bench coach Carlos Tosca. Triple-A Gwinnett manager Brian Snitker has been named as the club's interim manager, while Gwinnett pitching coach Marty Reed has joined the club as bullpen coach. Terry Pendleton will move from first base coach to bench coach and Eddie Perez will move from bullpen coach to first base coach.

As a fair weather Braves fan, can someone tell me who the big names are Braves might pursue with all the money they have coming available after this year?

CommentPhotos.com_1407346387.jpg

As a fair weather Braves fan, can someone tell me who the big names are Braves might pursue with all the money they have coming available after this year?

Most likely through trades for 2017 or the FA market in 2018 because that FA class is ridiculous. We have a plethora of arms that could net a very good bat.

Some reports say that Pendleton and Perez will be leading candidates for next year and beyond as a permanent replacement, but that they didn't want to promote either one without going through the interview process.

so is this a way to completely clean house with the coaches now? Get rid of gonzalez and his guys, promote this guy from gwinnett and get rid of him and his guys at the end of the year.

Some reports say that Pendleton and Perez will be leading candidates for next year and beyond as a permanent replacement, but that they didn't want to promote either one without going through the interview process.

Barring a candidate coming from out of the blue, the candidates for next year will be (in no order) Pendleton, Perez, Mark Derosa, and Bud Black.

so is this a way to completely clean house with the coaches now? Get rid of gonzalez and his guys, promote this guy from gwinnett and get rid of him and his guys at the end of the year.

Maybe, or if you think that Pendleton or Eddie is the guy, let the Gwinnett guy finish this year and wait till next year to make one of them Manager so they dont have the stink of this year on them.

Barring a candidate coming from out of the blue, the candidates for next year will be (in no order) Pendleton, Perez, Mark Derosa, and Bud Black.

My hope would be none of them, especially Bud Black. Go get Torey Lovullo.

Perhaps the new manager will play Mallex Smith everyday to see if we have something there?

After the 7 run first, I opted to not waste my Wednesday morning and do some work but can anyone watching please describe the Bud Norris triple? Holy crap!

After the 7 run first, I opted to not waste my Wednesday morning and do some work but can anyone watching please describe the Bud Norris triple? Holy crap!

Solid hit, he turned on an inside pitch & drove it over the LF who was playing shallow. Ball rolled to the fence. Norris actually almost stopped completely when he got to 2nd before taking off again for 3rd.

Liner to left, over the head of Polanco. Polanco was going after it pretty lazily, Bud was pulling up at second and then turned on the burners again. Dude was whooped, the trainer came out probably just to buy some more time for him to catch his breath.

Back