• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread: Acquired Brandon Phillips, Pitchers & Catchers rpt SOON

Predictions from folks reading the tea leaves that Fredi gets canned today.

Do other MLB teams usually move their defensive liabilities to LF? It seems pretty common for the Bravos & never works out.
r
Garcia has a nice bat but ATL should be shopping him to AL teams. He's terrible at 3rd & worse in LF.

I don't think I've ever see a big league team that lacks power like this Braves team. The two teams who've hit the fewest homeruns other than the Braves are the Dodgers and the Royals with 22. Most teams have hit 30 to 40 something. The Braves have hit 7. In 29 games.

I don't think I've ever see a big league team that lacks power like this Braves team. The two teams who've hit the fewest homeruns other than the Braves are the Dodgers and the Royals with 22. Most teams have hit 30 to 40 something. The Braves have hit 7. In 29 games.

Walk off homer here would be nice.

The more you look into the stats, the more amazing this season gets. The Braves are 1-15 at home. 1-15. This season has the makings of suckitude at an historic level that people will be talking about years from now.

The Braves (7-23) have lost four straight overall and are off to their worst 30-game start since at least 1900.

And with their closer giving up a solo home run in the ninth, the Phillies mange to win their 7th straight one run ball game.

Another 8 innings for Wisler tonight. I like Ender and I'd much rather hang on to him than Mallex or Markakis but I'm afraid he is one of our best bets to return a corner player with some power.

Know I'm probably the only one in the area but I'm planning on going to at least one of the Gwinnett games this weekend against the Paw Sox. If anyone is in the area and interested let me know.
Edited to add that it's in Pawtucket.

It's a pretty underwhelming return, although I'm not sure what would be a reasonable return to expect for Chacin. Mostly feels like they were just trying to open up a rotation spot. Sucks that it's the Angels since they have no farm system.

I don't think the return would ever be good but seems impatient. Maybe one of those handshake deals where the Angels are sending us IFA money for a couple of nobodies two months from now. Perez will go tonight because it's his day but I'd like to see them let Gant have an actual shot.

Back