• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread: Acquired Brandon Phillips, Pitchers & Catchers rpt SOON

Perez pitched pretty well tonight. Up 4-1 in the bottom of the 8th.

What kind of odds can I get on Scherzer throwing a perfect game against the Braves this year? He'll definitely face them at least a couple more times. Maybe he strikes out 25.

Chip has lost his mind. Talking about AJP's HOF case and defensive prowess.

Blair looks awful.

2016 Atlanta Braves Thread: we swept a team is that legal

First TV game I've seen in a while (since this one is on MLB Network) - Folty looks pretty good. Young SPs been pitching well of late.

2016 Atlanta Braves Thread: we swept a team is that legal

Aybarf and KJ are just a horrible DP combo. Folty is throwing strikes today, mixing pitches and using both sides of plate.

Let me love you, Folty. Assuming that was his last inning, 15 innings, 12 hits, 2 ERs, and the biggest thing for him, 0 walks. Looks like he may be putting it together, finally.

Wisler strong again. Can we please bring Adonis back (4 homers in 30 AAA at bats) and stop letting Frenchy play so much?

You can definitely start to dream on a strong rotation and bullpen, but, man, these position player prospects better pan out.

You can definitely start to dream on a strong rotation and bullpen, but, man, these position player prospects better pan out.

Yeah, right now we can see the rotation starting to come together if these guys keep it up. Gonna need both Ozzie to make some adjustments in AAA. Dansbae has fallen off since his hot start in AA as has Rio is AAA.

I wouldn't count on anybody AA or higher to be a MLB regular except Albies and Swanson. I am still holding out hope for Dustin Peterson who is young for AA and continues to improve level to level. Ruiz is a major leaguer but lacks consistency and strikes out too much with not enough power to solve our problems at third. How serious is Acuna's injury? I think he is probably our third best position prospect at this point.

Good long interview with Coppy on the Jonah Keri podcast out today. Worth a listen for any Braves fan.

Super candid. He seems to really like Rio Ruiz. You also get the definite sense that Albies and/or Swanson will be up later this year.

From ESPN: Braves fire manager Fredi Gonzalez, according to multiple reports; MLB-worst 9-28 record, including 2-17 at home

From ESPN: Braves will name Brian Snitker, manager of their Triple-A team, as interim manager - Jerry Crasnick, multiple reports

Anyone hear exactly why he was let go?

He should have done more when he had more, but there's no way they expected him to produce this year.

We all know he's not the long term answer, so did they want to go ahead and promote the AAA manager to run our AAA team and then pick the long term manager for next year?

Is Coppy not a fan of Fredi? Did he want his guy in place?

Back