• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread: Acquired Brandon Phillips, Pitchers & Catchers rpt SOON

Of course right when Folty seems like he has put it all together, he gets some bone spurs. Why baseball gods??

Braves worked out Kyle Lewis. I hope he is still there at #3.

Anyone familiar with the ins and outs of the international free agent process? Are we locked in to sign Maitan or is there a chance we don't? I don't know much about how that works.

We probably have a handshake agreement with him/others but can't put pen to paper until the signing period begins.

Looks like the Braves have traded Kelly Johnson for Akeel Morris, a 23 yo AA relief pitcher for the Mets.

Anyone familiar with the ins and outs of the international free agent process? Are we locked in to sign Maitan or is there a chance we don't? I don't know much about how that works.

Always a chance that we don't but it is looking highly likely that we do. Like ipity said, we have a handshake agreement with him & other top prospects. It would look real bad on him/his agent if they backed out. We will blow past our signing pool because of the amount of talent that is available & the thought that it could become a draft next year.

I wonder if we'll get a chance to trade KJ to the Mets again next year.

I hope it becomes a tradition. Last year's return for KJ & Uribe was John Gant & Rob Whalen (currently 4-4 2.88 era in 11 start @ AA). This year it's the Mets 16th ranked prospect. Not a bad couple of deals for the Bravos

Braves worked out Kyle Lewis. I hope he is still there at #3.

Seems like he's the one the Braves have the most interest in, but there's really no consensus at all about who the top 2 will be, let alone who the Braves prefer. Kind of fun to have such a high pick and know you're getting a strong talent, but seems like whoever the Braves take, they will also be passing up potential stars.

Seems like he's the one the Braves have the most interest in, but there's really no consensus at all about who the top 2 will be, let alone who the Braves prefer. Kind of fun to have such a high pick and know you're getting a strong talent, but seems like whoever the Braves take, they will also be passing up potential stars.

The buzz seems to be it will be either Corey Ray, Kyle Lewis, or Ian Anderson for significantly under slot, freeing up money to pay guys at 40 and 44.

I am not wild about Ray, so Lewis or Anderson would probably be my preference.

Seems like Anderson may be a reach at #3, but I understand they may be wanting to save money for those later picks. Seems risky since you don't know who will be available in the 40s and beyond, but I also have no idea. Saw today's MLB.com write-up that made it sound like the Braves may prefer Ray over Lewis, so who the fuck knows what will happen.

Anderson is up to #7 on Law's board, so a bit of a reach, but not a huge one (obviously his is just one board though).

If they can get Anderson for 3 million, and then two top 25ish talents for 3 million each at 40 and 44, I will be happy, but agree with Say Hey that you do run risk of getting burned by that strategy.

My gut tells me they still take Lewis if he is there, meets needs, local kid, would be good for PR. If he is not, My best guess would be Anderson.

Back