• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread: Acquired Brandon Phillips, Pitchers & Catchers rpt SOON

Seems really risky to play this game when we finally get a top 3 pick. Lots of teams with the ability to spoil our plan. Like the Nationals, who could end up with the best prospect in the draft again.

Think we just have to wait and see. Perhaps they really liked Anderson as the BPA there. Seems like there are big question marks for all these guys.

I find it hard to get emotional at all about a baseball draft. And it is pretty clear there are no consensus dudes this year. Coming away with a bat of some sort today would be nice though.

They're tied to so many international position player prospects, I'm good with them getting the BPA for each pick tonight, whether pitcher or position player.

Joey Wentz, LHP with 40. Cole Hamels comparisons. 16th on MLB.com's top 100 draft prospects. Kyle Muller at 44. #24 on the same list.

Took Cal catcher Brett Cumberland 76th. Catcher with plus bat and power. "Good enough" glove.

If we can sign all three, I'll consider this a win without taking a bat with those 3 picks. All three of them have front of the rotation stuff.

If anything, this tells me that Maitan is locked in and that we will be going after power bats in free agency. At least I hope...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope so too but it will have to be free agency/pitching prospect trades because Maitan will be nowhere near the big leagues.

Allard, Soroka, Anderson, Wentz and Muller is an intriguing collection of arms in back-to-back drafts. Fit nicely into the "next wave" of pitching prospects Coppy has talked about (along with Fried and Toussaint). Hopefully they add some more talent today.

Allard, Soroka, Anderson, Wentz and Muller is an intriguing collection of arms in back-to-back drafts. Fit nicely into the "next wave" of pitching prospects Coppy has talked about (along with Fried and Toussaint). Hopefully they add some more talent today.

I'm really high on Soroka. Dude just doesn't walk anybody.

Back