• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread: Acquired Brandon Phillips, Pitchers & Catchers rpt SOON

Reds fan here, what do you all think about Jose Peraza? Doesn't seem like you got much for him in that trade with the Dodgers even though he was your #1 rated prospect

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Reds fan here, what do you all think about Jose Peraza? Doesn't seem like you got much for him in that trade with the Dodgers even though he was your #1 rated prospect

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I think that tells you something about Peraza & the Atlanta farm system a few years ago more than it does what we got out of the trade. He has poor on base skills and lacks power. He'll give you an empty BA, basically. If he can become more patient, then yeah, he could make a good regular. Depending on which source you look at, he would be the Braves 5th or 6th prospect right now.

that inning

giphy.gif

Teheran twirls a 1 hit CG SHO and we sweep the NL champs. Unfortunately, Mallex broke his thumb.

Keep this up and we are going to fuck up our draft position :thumbsup:

Teheran keeps pitching like that, we'll get a haul for him at the deadline. Because we'll definitely trade him.

Teheran keeps pitching like that, we'll get a haul for him at the deadline. Because we'll definitely trade him.

I don't think we will trade him. One of the best contracts in baseball and we are going to need an opening day starter for Cobb County (or more importantly a couple of good players in general).

He'll be trade-able (I figure everyone still is) but we'd have to get a ludicrous offer. Doubt it happens.

I'm confident the arms they have acquired will put a decent pitching rotation out on the field in year or two. The bats on the other hand i'm pretty concerned about.....

Good. Don't want to see them get too much separation from the Twins. We're rebuilding, so let's do this thing right. Not sure how much more valuable the #1 pick in the 2017 draft will be relative to the #2 or #3, but still.

Ken Griffey, Jr is the only #1 overal pick to be inducted into the HOF. We don't want the #1 pick, we want the #2. HOFers only

Back