• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread: Acquired Brandon Phillips, Pitchers & Catchers rpt SOON

Twitter says that Kris Medlen threw a pitch in the third inning of his rehab start today and walked straight off the mound and into the dugout. Could be the end of his career. Sad, I always liked the guy.

If it's bad, interesting that for all the hand-wringing about letting go of Medlen, Beachy and Venters, none of those guys were really able to come back and be healthy or effective. Different injury, but doesn't bode well for Mike Minor.

Venters actually tore his UCL for a 4th time like a week ago.

Really a string of unfortunate injuries to pitchers during the Wren years.

Twitter says that Kris Medlen threw a pitch in the third inning of his rehab start today and walked straight off the mound and into the dugout. Could be the end of his career. Sad, I always liked the guy.

He was my favorite during his time here. Always seemed like a good guy & very down to earth. Glad he got paid by the Royals & got a ring.

Venters actually tore his UCL for a 4th time like a week ago.

Would like to hear from a doctor how this is even possible. Are the tendons in Venters' body just weaker than normal, such that even when they swap out his original UCL with new tendons from other places, those tendons are destined to fail as well? Or are his mechanics just such that he puts more pressure on his elbow tendon than any other pitcher? Tearing your elbow tendon 4 times seems impossible. I've got Jeff Passan's book "The Arm" waiting for me on my Kindle -- maybe that will shed some light.

Did not care for the way he yanked Jenkins.

He had not started a game since may, and had just pitched from the bullpen a few days before. I bet he was on a hard pitch count, and would have been pulled regardless the situation. Even still, Jenkins said in a postgame interview that his arm was fatiguing by that point, so while it sucked for that game, it was probably the right move.

Here at Wrigley boys. I'll make sure to tell every Cubs fan they're overrated and that Greg Maddux is a Brave.

Neck! 2 dinger day.

FWIW, Kris Bryant has nobody to blame but himself for getting hurt.

Not sure if anyone saw the final last night but looks like Folty pitched great. 0 runs over 7 innings and 10K's against the White Sox. Struck out the side in the 7th and his last pitch was a 98 mph K. Would really love if he turns out what he could be, think the talent is there and he's had a couple of really strong starts but been inconsistent. Just hope he can continue to improve.

Pomeranz to Boston for Espinoza, who is BA and BP's 15 and 24th rated prospect respectively. So you have to wonder why the entire Fangraphs staff says ATL is insane for potentially thinking about keeping Teheran past this deadline. Teheran has more control, better track record, and less injury risk. The asking price should be really high.

Back