• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread: Acquired Brandon Phillips, Pitchers & Catchers rpt SOON

Would have called up Camargo. His play has just been so so and he's gotten a ton of days off lately.

Well we kind of need a SS after trading Aybar today. Another pretty good deal by the front office for a two month rental. Aviles is a super utility guy that is a FA after the year. The catcher is having a solid year at single A and was all SEC at LSU. He profiles as a solid backup and will be between 20 and 30 on our prospect list and likely the highest catcher.

Forgetting about Gutierrez and Cumberland, although Cumberland probably won't stay behind the plate.

Just picked up a couple of tix ($7 club seats - so glad I gave up my season tix this year) to see Dansby's first game (and/or to give myself an excuse to drink a lot of beer on a school night).

Um I'm drinking liquor right now in celebration. Step your game up n

Flowers activated, AJP off to DL for 2 weeks with a fake hamstring injury. Nothing a dozen rounds golf won't solve.

Swanson lined out to CF in 1st AB. That was the first AB of any Braves game I've watched since like April.

Got a feeling Hursch is going to make the 40 man decision on him over the winter very easy for us.

Going to the Braves game tomorrow to pay last respects to Turner field...does the burgerizza live up to the hype? Or do I need to go with the chicken and waffle sandwich? Other suggestions welcome. I only have so much real estate in my stomach...

If you google (and it might be on this thread) some OTP fattie went to the game tried all of the corny food they trotted out this year and took pics and blogged it.

They all looked disssgusting and that was his take as well. Get an H&F Burger or a Waffle House and call it a day. The 755 Club food is hot garbage as well.

Out of curiosity, for TAB and other Atl folks - are you more likely to go to Braves games in Cobb County? I know traffic is supposed to suck, but the handful of times I've been to Turner Field in the past, it's not like traffic was great then (and there was no MARTA stop), so I'm curious if this Cobb County situation is going to be substantially worse. Wondering about your predictions for the new field.

Out of curiosity, for TAB and other Atl folks - are you more likely to go to Braves games in Cobb County? I know traffic is supposed to suck, but the handful of times I've been to Turner Field in the past, it's not like traffic was great then (and there was no MARTA stop), so I'm curious if this Cobb County situation is going to be substantially worse. Wondering about your predictions for the new field.

Much, much, much less likely to go to M-F games starting next year. I can get to Turner Field (and in my seat) from my office in 15 minutes. I feel like I would have to leave by 5 to be in my seat for a 7:05 (actually I guess all M-F games will have 7:30 start times, so maybe 5:25) first pitch. But if you look at a map of the population distribution of season ticket holders, they are all up in the northern burbs, so maybe those people are just used to sitting on 75 or 85 or 400 for hours a day - it's just the norm for them.

Going to the Braves game tomorrow to pay last respects to Turner field...does the burgerizza live up to the hype? Or do I need to go with the chicken and waffle sandwich? Other suggestions welcome. I only have so much real estate in my stomach...

H+F burger probably best option. The rathburn place has a decent sandwich. Actually best advice is to eat before and after the game.

H+F burger probably best option. The rathburn place has a decent sandwich. Actually best advice is to eat before and after the game.

Line at H&F was hella long. We went with the Burgerizza. Loved it.

Unrelated, but we thought Turner Field was a great stadium; seems like no one is happy about the move to Cobb County.

Line at H&F was hella long. We went with the Burgerizza. Loved it.

Unrelated, but we thought Turner Field was a great stadium; seems like no one is happy about the move to Cobb County.

I think it is more about the location of the move than the move to a new stadium. Moving to Cobb County is stupid. Moving to a new stadium is stupid, but not as stupid as moving out of Atlanta.

Back