• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread: Acquired Brandon Phillips, Pitchers & Catchers rpt SOON

Word is McCann cleared waivers so it's still possible the Braves trade for him. Hope they don't give up much if they pursue it.

We pulled Jim Johnson back off waivers. Definitely a mistake not to pounce on something, albeit very minor.

They will all be on the team. Rosters expand in like 3 weeks. They won't DFA anyway. Recker certainly deserves a long look for next year. If we can't get A FA or McCann then it may Flowers and Recker.

Freeman has been mashing the ball. Since going 1-20 with 11 K, he has gone 10-25 with 5 home runs tying his career high of 23 tonight.

Didn't say I want McCann at all, but I wouldn't be shocked if he returned. Also, Freeman's season is even more impressive considering that for most of it he was the only semi-threat in the whole lineup (I say semi because as much as I love him I still don't put him in the top half of first-basemen offensively).

We are hoping to hit Dansbae in 3 (if you know what I mean) and have homeboy Freddie in the 4 Hoke (if you know what I mean)

Dustin Peterson two homer day, still one of the youngest players in AA. Won't be a star but maybe a corner regular down the road.

Can we seriously stop taking away Jace starts at second for Beckham?

Didn't say I want McCann at all, but I wouldn't be shocked if he returned. Also, Freeman's season is even more impressive considering that for most of it he was the only semi-threat in the whole lineup (I say semi because as much as I love him I still don't put him in the top half of first-basemen offensively).

Freeman is 3rd in WAR among 1st baseman this year, 6th in OBP, and 4th in slugging. One of five best first baseman in baseball this year.

Dansby getting the call tomorrow! Kinda odd timing because he isn't tearing up AA and the rosters haven't expanded either.

Whether the Braves called him up now or if he started next season at SS they would have control over him until 2022. I'm guessing they want to get him some substantial experience before the start of next season. I'm sure we'll see Albies in September as well.

Dansby getting the call tomorrow! Kinda odd timing because he isn't tearing up AA and the rosters haven't expanded either.

Well we kind of need a SS after trading Aybar today. Another pretty good deal by the front office for a two month rental. Aviles is a super utility guy that is a FA after the year. The catcher is having a solid year at single A and was all SEC at LSU. He profiles as a solid backup and will be between 20 and 30 on our prospect list and likely the highest catcher.

Back