• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread: Acquired Brandon Phillips, Pitchers & Catchers rpt SOON

From what I've read, the players want Snit to get the job big time.

I saw Randy Ingle, Rome Braves skipper, this weekend, and he said he'd love to see Snit get the nod as well. Reaffirmed that the players love him, and that that's what they want. Snit has been with the organization for 41 years...Ingle 38.

Looks like the only other guys we will interview (or are scheduled to interview) are Ron Washington and Bud Black.

I'd like to get Lovullo or a young guy that buys into advanced stats & knows how not to kill a bullpen.

Grew up absolutely hating the Braves as a non-fan in NC in the 90s.

Closing down the Ted was a really fun trip. Fans were really nice. Felt like that was a good stadium experience all around. Shame to move it to the burbs.

You've gotta be kidding me. Looks like it's down to Snitker & Black. No thanks.

I find it really difficult to care either way. Players seemed to really like Snitker and the team obviously played much better under him, so if he gets the job, great. Joe Maddon ain't walking through that door.

McDowell OUT as pitching coach. To me, that is a sign that it is going to be Black.

Don't mind getting rid of McDowell. Seems like he was great with helping veterans revitalize their careers, but I was never impressed with his work with young pitchers.

Re: McDowell, gotta trust the folks on the inside. Is it possible that Snitker could be manager and Black the pitching coach, or is it assumed that Black is only interested in being a manager? Haven't seen this scenario discussed, just the other way around where Black is the manager and Snitker is a coach.

Not an inspired choice but better than a retread like Bud Black or Ron Washington.

After reading what the players had to say about Snit, I am happy with the hire. He's the guy that the players want to play for.

I'm fine with it. Sounds like a short contact as well (one year with a club option for another). So if they tank this year, we can do another coaching search with a different field next year.

The Ron Washington hire sounds like an insurance policy. Given the contract length, I'd assume Snitker has a short leash. If we tank early again, they will replace him with Ron Washington.

Back