• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Football Recruiting

I just hope they don't scramble and give out an OL scholarship just to fill a "need." I understand development at the OL and most will not contribute immediately, but I'd love for us to get some guys that other P5's have offered.

There have been a couple of recent articles that don't sound promising on WR Mac Hippenhammer. It sounds like Iowa and Penn State are out front with a visit to Duke in the planning stages.

There have been a couple of recent articles that don't sound promising on WR Mac Hippenhammer. It sounds like Iowa and Penn State are out front with a visit to Duke in the planning stages.

Let's not be hypocrites here--we're still hoping to get Hippenhammer.

And it's from the 247 guy that seems to have the best sources when it comes to Wake football. No offense to Deman.

Are you that sold on the Crystal Ball thing, 94? I'm not trying to say this as a former Rivals guy that's now with Scout, but it just seems like I remember them being wrong more times than right, unless it's just blatantly obvious.

I've chatted with Chase and his coach for well over an hour, and I wouldn't hazard a guess, except for to say UK's probably out. I think Mississippi State and Wake were at the top, and then the WVU offer has made a bigger impact than initially thought. Wake already has a LB heavy class, and that could factor into the decision from both sides.

Are you that sold on the Crystal Ball thing, 94? I'm not trying to say this as a former Rivals guy that's now with Scout, but it just seems like I remember them being wrong more times than right, unless it's just blatantly obvious.

I've chatted with Chase and his coach for well over an hour, and I wouldn't hazard a guess, except for to say UK's probably out. I think Mississippi State and Wake were at the top, and then the WVU offer has made a bigger impact than initially thought. Wake already has a LB heavy class, and that could factor into the decision from both sides.

LOL. Talk about burying the lead. Congrats on the move, Les.

LOL. Talk about burying the lead. Congrats on the move, Les.

LOL is often typed but not meant literally. I actually laughed when I read your comment, Ph.

Thanks! I swear I try not to be just a blatant salesman on here.

As far as Chase Monroe goes, I actually heard even more positive Wake vibe (hate to use that word) after I wrote that stuff earlier this morning.

My congrats to Les as well. I'm not afraid to put in a blatant plug for him, so I'll note that his promo offer period sounds like it will cover the summer football practices that start next week. His coverage of Wake's practices is some of his best work IMO.

It looks like Wake Rivals is going to be published by Mike Singer who won't be on the ground in Winston-Salem like Les is, but whose work I've enjoyed on other Rivals websites. Mike will be dividing his time with three other Rivals websites.

My congrats to Les as well. I'm not afraid to put in a blatant plug for him, so I'll note that his promo offer period sounds like it will cover the summer football practices that start next week. His coverage of Wake's practices is some of his best work IMO.

It looks like Wake Rivals is going to be published by Mike Singer who won't be on the ground in Winston-Salem like Les is, but whose work I've enjoyed on other Rivals websites. Mike will be dividing his time with three other Rivals websites.

Extremely fair analysis, 94. I've spoken with Mike a few time this week and tried to help him get acclimated. He seems like a great guy. That being said, I hope to crush him at every opportunity.

Extremely fair analysis, 94. I've spoken with Mike a few time this week and tried to help him get acclimated. He seems like a great guy. That being said, I hope to crush him at every opportunity.

lol

Now that you're on Scout you can pump up the basketball recruiting coverage too

Hmmm, I was just considering paying for Rivals because of the work Les was doing. Will have to rethink that now.

Just got a membership for scout today and it's already worth it. Multiple articles and forum conversations.

Les Johns 2016 - Make Scout Great Again

Back