• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Football Recruiting

Well this is interesting. ALABAMA will join Michigan and Wake Forest at Sunday's ODU camp. Like Wake, Alabama will send at least five coaches. No idea whether Saban will be one of them.

I wonder if ODU will sell tickets.

Well this is interesting. ALABAMA will join Michigan and Wake Forest at Sunday's ODU camp. Like Wake, Alabama will send at least five coaches. No idea whether Saban will be one of them.

I wonder if ODU will sell tickets.

Rumor has it that Steely Dan will be performing right after the camp..........

WakeForestRanger beat me to it. Wake has also been added to independently-run camps in Nashville, TN and Stockbridge, GA. The Nashville event will also have guest coaches from Vanderbilt, Alabama and Mississippi State. The Stockbridge camp is one of the largest in terms of the number of schools sending coaches – every SEC school except LSU will be represented, plus five other ACC schools in addition to Wake Forest.

Here’s the schedule that I have so far.
June 3: Wake Forest Camp
June 4: Wake Forest Camp
June 5: Old Dominion Camp (w/ Michigan)
June 5: Nashville, TN
June 8: Wake Forest Camp
June 9: Stockbridge, GA
June 13: Buford, GA
June 15: Wake Forest Camp
June 17: Wake Forest Camp
July 15: Wake Forest Camp
July 16: Wake Forest Camp

I don't know the real reason they aren't there, but I love the thought of LSU saying, "Every other SEC school is represented? Eh, don't need it."

Didn't Harbaugh and Saban recently have a dust up on Twitter, and wasn't it over camps? I think we are being sent in as the mediator. Wake = Switzerland, after all.

But while they're over in the corner working to resolve their differences WE'RE GOING TO STEAL ALL THE 5-STAR RECRUITS #CLAWSIN

Recruits highlighted in yellow were at Wake Forest this weekend and presumably participated in one of the two camps.
Red font means the recruit was offered since the last update.
I have noted a secondary position in parentheses if I’m not sure which position a player is being recruited at.
An asterisk beside a P5 offer means the offer was received since the last update.

v5kh1k.jpg

dx1c2a.jpg

Notes

DB Josh Blackwell (committed to Duke) and WR MJ Jarrell (committed to Maryland) came off the board.

Under the radar DT Axel Nyembwe tweeted that Wake offered after the camp yesterday. Given past experience with camp offers, he immediately goes on commitment watch.

OT Patrick Leitten has been somewhat of a breakout performer on the camp scene this spring. He was offered before he visited Wake.

Terrell Jana was offered recently. While he plays at Woodberry Forest, he’s actually from British Columbia.

DT Ellison Hubbard camped at Duke yesterday. I read that the Blue Devil staff was very impressed.

As of right now, it doesn’t seem like DT Troy James has any plans to visit Wake.

A few more items:

The Michigan, Alabama and Wake Forest coaching staffs will reportedly stay together for a second satellite camp tomorrow (this one in Baltimore). Michigan will also have satellite camps at the same location for their men’s and women’s lacrosse team and cheerleading squads (!?!).

At the ODU camp today, Jim Harbaugh went with the Allen Iverson jersey. I’m assuming that Nick Saban wasn’t there, and no word on whether Clawson attended. Curiously, the announcement that Alabama would participate in the Michigan camps came just two days after Harbaugh took to Twitter to call Alabama hypocrites for Saban’s 5 minute dissertation to the media on why satellite camps were bad for college football.

Here is what the ODU HC had to say about his conversation with Harbaugh after receiving Alabama’s request on Thursday night:

“With coach Harbaugh’s frantic schedule, I was unable to touch base with him until (Friday) afternoon,” Wilder said. “Like I always do, I asked the school we’re partnering with to get permission for another Power 5 school to attend. “Like he was with Wake Forest, he was fine with Alabama joining. He said, ‘It’s your camp, whatever you think is best for the kids is fine with us.’ ”

Just minutes after I posted my updated Boards this morning, Patrick Leitten tweeted that he had been offered by Duke after camping there yesterday. Trey Creamer was also at that same Duke camp.

I forgot to include DT Tyler Williams (Oxbridge Academy / West Palm Beach, FL) on my list this morning. Williams is an FAU commit that has received a fair amount of P5 attention since his commitment. Wake is reportedly one of the schools most heavily involved in trying to flip him. I’ll add him to the list in the next round.

Not surprisingly, much of the camp activity has been 2018-related. True football diehards may remember Steve Stenstrom – his son is a highly-touted 2018 QB who camped at Wake over the weekend. Charlotte high school football fans may be interested to hear that Davidson Day QB Sam Hartman (also 2018) camped and picked up an offer. Davidson Day is, of course, where Cade Carney played his senior year and is also the home of top 2017 target LB Chase Monroe.

I don't like Harbaugh but I don't have a problem with what he's doing. I just hope the blatant pandering with the jerseys doesn't work.

Duke has apparently followed Wake's lead by offering previously unheralded DT Axel Nyembwe.

He's not going to give love to another program's player unless he coached him.

He's not going to give love to another program's player unless he coached him.

Agree. The best football player from that area is the legendary Lawrence Taylor, but he is not going to give wear an LT jersey and give UNC props since they recruit heavily in Tidewater.

2018 prospect Nate Thompson picked up another P5 offer yesterday from South Carolina. That makes 3 P5 in the last month. I hope Wake doesn't wait too long on offering.

Add dook to the list. Nate was offered yesterday.

A coach of another team needs to show up to one of these shared camps in a Harbaugh jersey. And Wal-Mart khakis.

A coach of another team needs to show up to one of these shared camps in a Harbaugh jersey. And Wal-Mart khakis.

Jim Harbaugh jersey...no. Would just feed the monster. Now a John Harbaugh jersey... that would be funny.

Back