• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Football Recruiting

Jim Harbaugh jersey...no. Would just feed the monster. Now a John Harbaugh jersey... that would be funny.

True - Jim would be so pumped up from the pub of his own jersey that he would probably go climb TWO trees.

Some buzz that Taylor Powell is back on campus today. I believe this would be his second visit. Powell is likely on a trip that would involve some other schools as well.

You'd think Harbaugh would have worn a Flacco Super Bowl jersey to honor his brother's Super Bowl victory...oh wait.

AI is the best high school football player I've seen, and I've covered high school football for over 25 years.

AI is the best high school football player I've seen, and I've covered high school football for over 25 years.

Were you in that area for Ronald Curry? He was quite the QB stud in HS.

No, I was in Richmond and AI and his Bethel team destroyed the area's best team in the playoffs. He was untouchable on the field, throwing and running for TD's and playing in the secondary. He wasn't a true QB, just a great "football player", and he was only a junior. And the folks from Hampton said he was even better on the basketball court.

Has our recruiting noticeably fallen off? Or is this just a failure to accept that Duke recruits light years better than they used to?

Has our recruiting noticeably fallen off? Or is this just a failure to accept that Duke recruits light years better than they used to?

Duke has bowl rings to show their recruits. We say we hope to win more than one ACC game and score a TD in it. The kids that are going to turn our program around are already here. Lohengrin nailed it. Win to earn respect and everything else will take care of itself. If we are looking at a second QB, one of the upperclassmen might have one foot out the door.

Duke is a relatively small, academically strong, private school located in North Carolina that lacks a strong football heritage. How are we supposed to compete with that?

Duke is a relatively small, academically strong, private school located in North Carolina that lacks a strong football heritage. How are we supposed to compete with that?

What do you mean "lacks a strong football heritage", the Rose Bowl was played at Wallace Wade!

Seriously, if you can recruit good players to Wallace Wade you can flat out recruit.

" Seems like Cut is owning the Big 4 on the recruiting trail."

Cut is running a distance 2nd in Big 4 recruiting right now.

Back