• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

The DNC is more incompetent than evil geniuses trying to rig the election. The rigging narrative isn’t good for anybody.

Everybody on here has agreed that it's incompetence over rigging. You're fighting a straw man again. Meanwhile, Nevada and Texas Democratic Parties have contracted with Shadow and will have to scrap years of preparation because of this incompetence. I don't envy people doing on-the-ground campaign stuff right now. It must be hell to reconfigure ground games between the DNC changing the debate requirements and this mess.

from what I understand, Shadow was founded through money from ACRONYM, which is a Democratic Super-PAC with tons of tech money

Shadow was then selected by the Iowa Democratic Party to develop a reporting app for the caucuses (and a website for the Nevada primary)

no matter how innocent the mistakes are, the involvement of Silicon Valley money in a primary where the establishment, moderate candidates perform poorly, is going to be really hard to skate over

This is all clearly laid out in the CNN article that I posted that Chris is dismissing as "tabloid journalism."

Everybody who has their Schiff together knows that this Russian campaign interference in Iowa is just step one in Putin's evil conspiracy with Trump to get Alaska back.

I hadn't heard the continuation of the fight this weekend.

And somehow, that was only round one! Later, longtime Trump administration mouthpiece Kellyanne Conway told Axios, of Bloomberg: “His outsized wealth and outsized ego are matched by his overwrought jealousy and spitefulness towards the president. Jealousy is a dangerous motivator for people, leading them to confuse with a sugar high that money can buy with substance that voters demand to hear.” To which Bloomberg adviser Howard Wolfson shot back: “History will call to account every single person within this administration who has enabled and abetted this lawless and dangerous president.” To which Conway responded: “Howard and I have already made history together. His work for Hillary [Clinton] and my work against Hillary helped keep her out of the White House.” To which Wolfson—yes, this continued!—responded: “And in less than a year we will make history again when Kellyanne and Mr. Trump will have to stand and watch Mike take the oath of office.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/02/donald-trump-mike-bloomberg-feud

If the Pubs get to take money from Big Oil, Pharma, Tobacco and the NRA, then I'm thinking Tech seems harmless in comparison. Of course, I say that hoping that Dems would never be dumb enough to just let Big Tech run wild with data infringements (and im talking about actual actions to protect their corruption, not the general lack of awareness that plagues both parties); but when you look at how nearly half of America has been convinced that Tobacco isn't that bad for them, guns don't kill people, and what's good for big oil is good for America, I guess anything is possible.

Bloomberg should offer Trump $2 billion to resign. I think he would take it.

Bernie’s people are putting numbers out so they can claim any actual results aside from a Bernie win is rigged.

Sorry Ph, but this too plays right into the paranoia being spread that the DNC and the democratic primary process can’t be trusted. The same paranoia that opponents of the DNC will use to discredit the eventual nominee’s legitimacy.

Of course each candidate is going to try and find ways to spin the uncertainty into a win and be the first to set the narrative. Has anyone in Bernie’s camp actually made the claim that the process was rigged against him? Other than Mankini’s assertion that withholding the articles of impeachment was a ploy to hurt Bernie in Iowa and rig the primary against him, of course. As far as I’ve seen we’ve got a technical fuck-up leading to uncertainty and each candidate is trying to find a way to exploit the uncertainty, nothing more.

Everybody who has their Schiff together knows that this Russian campaign interference in Iowa is just step one in Putin's evil conspiracy with Trump to get Alaska back.

Imagine typing this out and going yes that’s funny, people will enjoy the amazing wit and humor I’ve got.

pretty crazy that one state party fuck up spells the end of liberal democracy but i'm here for it

It’s interesting that the guy who probably won has the most pissed off supporters.

What a shitshow all around. The country is doomed.

We're beginning what is probably the most important presidential campaign of our lifetimes, and this is the way it starts for the Democrats. Gallup also reported today that Trump has reached his personal high in their poll for his entire presidency - 49% approve, 50% disapprove. He's going to give a celebratory speech tonight, and he'll be acquitted by the Senate tomorrow. It's still a long time until November, but it's safe to say that this is certainly not the kickoff that Democrats were hoping for, and things couldn't be going much better for Trump politically right now. Shitshow indeed.

Fair comparison. Since the person who lost the most is the same person the system was supposedly rigged for.

get out of here with the Sanders/Trump comparisons

seriously

good lord

and I haven't seen any word from the sanders campaign yet calling this process rigged

Back