• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

My prediction for the State game is that we come out flat, us fans wonder how the team is playing so uninspired after what happened last time against State, then we pull away in the 2nd and all is right in the world again.

I think this actually makes Saturday’s game easier as it isn’t easy to come back after losing a close, crucial game at home and kissing any NCAA bid goodbye.

Hey at least we beat the UNC champs in both '05 and '09. Hang the banners!

We’ve beaten them every year they have one the NCAA except for 2017. Thanks a lot Manning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We win by 20+ and are on the correct side of the bubble when those dick heads put out the next bracket projections.

Does Keatts get credit for the comeback in Raleigh when he wasn't even on the court?

Punish, punish, annihilate the Pack!!! 40 points winning margin is much too kind considering our recent history!

deacs should do fake head butts after every three sallis drains on them bitches

VOTSdeac said:
We move up 10 spots in NET to 32, but Clemson only moves 6 spots to 31 with a road win at UNC? I don’t get it.

People tend to forget that the NET/Kenpom/etc. are all relative rankings. Not only are all the other pieces moving as well, but gaps in the ratings between teams could mean that a team's raw score jump could be bigger than another, but they move up fewer spots.

But also, Clemson was +15 or so over expected outcome. Wake was +25 or so. The strength of the opponent is already factored in to the prediction. Wake exceeded prediction by more, Wake gets a bigger raw score adjustment.

validating this point - Clemson moved up 2 spots without playing last night (they passed two teams who also did not play), and WF moved down a spot (passed by a team who did not play). So now the moves are +8 and +9 after settling by teams who are very close in the rankings.

Back