• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Presidential Primaries and Election

What Are Biden’s 2024 Chances? I Asked These Democratic Campaign Veterans.

My takeaway from these conversations was that, at least at the beginning of his campaign, Biden has obvious advantages but also faces significant obstacles. Often, late in campaigns, Democratic candidates to try to use fear of the opponent as voter motivation. But that can backfire.

As Woodbury told me, his firm saw a significant erosion in turnout and Democratic support in 2022 among Black men because they “do not respond to messages of fear and loss.” Instead, he said, “they need a message of what they have gained, not what they will gain.” They respond to a message of being empowered rather than being endangered.

This messaging, which should already have been a more central part of Democrats’ overall pitch, has to start now.

Quite a difference from what motivates Pubs, generally. And more difficult, probably, to effectively employ as a strategy. Requires demonstrated effectiveness (accomplishments) and honesty, for example.

Dems have sadly been dipping their toe into that water since 2016 where-as Pubs have been swimming for decades. It's hard to get across messages on complex matters in 280 characters. Far easier to just scare the living hell out of someone with a headline.

How can "Covid-19 Neutralized" be construed as anything but a good thing?

Roe V Wade 2 Coming Soon

I didn't see that movie poster at the theater last week.

Tens of people will be disappointed

I could see him being the one who finishes third with a solid 10-20% and being hyped as evidence that not all Republicans are so far gone.

He should go with HuRRd and nail down that St Louis vote.

- ced the entertainer

Not going to watch it, but I assume that after Biden wins again, everyone will have seven fingers on each hand?

Back