• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACA Running Thread

You can lease a brand new Fiat for $99/month, as they're under their quotas so just giving them away.

So no credit check/history/anything like that is required? Anybody can just go lease a brand new Fiat for $99 a month?

So if all the poors if your area became Uber drivers, they'd all make $40,000 a year?

And if the poors in small towns became Uber drivers, there would be enough customers to make $40,000 a year?

So no credit check/history/anything like that is required? Anybody can just go lease a brand new Fiat for $99 a month?

I'm sure the answer to this is no. I'm also sure you can be fairly profitable by being a company who pays the $99/month and charges the Uber driver $300-400/mo to use it, so someone will do that soon if they haven't already.

50% on every dollar over $500K, gradually increasing to 75-80% once you hit $5 million.

I care more about raising generation wealth transfer taxes to ~90% once you hit the current estate/gift tax line.

I'd say something along these lines. The marginal utility of a dollar for someone making over $5MM has to be non-existent compared to someone who makes $50k.

So if all the poors if your area became Uber drivers, they'd all make $40,000 a year?

And if the poors in small towns became Uber drivers, there would be enough customers to make $40,000 a year?

I mean we built the highways, If you choose to live in a small town and work at a diner where you get 2 customers a night, we need the 1% to help you out?

I mean we built the highways, If you choose to live in a small down and work at a diner where you get 2 customers a night, we need the 1% to help you out?

There's some logic to this, but they can't just become Uber drivers to solve their problems.

I mean we built the highways, If you choose to live in a small town and work at a diner where you get 2 customers a night, we need the 1% to help you out?

YouDidntBuildThat-legosa.jpeg

I'd say something along these lines. The marginal utility of a dollar for someone making over $5MM has to be non-existent compared to someone who makes $50k.

This. The odds of dollar $5,000,001 going back into the economy and helping create jobs, income, and wealth for others is much lower than dollar $50,001.

There's some logic to this, but they can't just become Uber drivers to solve their problems.

I grew up in a 1 traffic light 4,000 person town and worked summers since I was 14. You can easily move to a city and get a job as a waiter/waitress. I mean $11/hr min wages (soon to be $15) + Tips is a decent amount of money, I was getting $2.15/hr.

Seriously. I hear Google is a great place to work and pays well, all the poors should just move to Silicon Valley and work there instead of mooching off the 1%.

Seriously. I hear Google is a great place to work and pays well, all the poors should just move to Silicon Valley and work there instead of mooching off the 1%.

I'm talking about the service industry, which is easy as hell to get a job in. My gf is pulling it off being illegally paid below minimum wage and getting "taxed" by the owner 15% of her tips and still comes home with around $200/night at a restaurant that sells $8 dinners.

I grew up in a 1 traffic light 4,000 person town and worked summers since I was 14. You can easily move to a city and get a job as a waiter/waitress. I mean $11/hr min wages (soon to be $15) + Tips is a decent amount of money, I was getting $2.15/hr.

Again, a non scalable, individual level solution for a societal level problem.

Again, a non scalable, individual level solution for a societal level problem.

Move the poors out of the boonies and you win back the house. The liberal states also provide the safety nets you want the feds to (Seriously, look up the programs CA funds if you haven't already). Problem solved. But people need to help themselves.

I'm talking about the service industry, which is easy as hell to get a job in. My gf is pulling it off being illegally paid below minimum wage and getting "taxed" by the owner 15% of her tips and still comes home with around $200/night at a restaurant that sells $8 dinners.

I'm not sure truck stop diner prostitution is a viable strategy to pull the lower class out of poverty.

Back