• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACA Running Thread

Move the poors out of the boonies and you win back the house. The liberal states also provide the safety nets you want the feds to (Seriously, look up the programs CA funds if you haven't already). Problem solved. But people need to help themselves.

Again great advice for an individual struggling to get by that somehow can front the up front cost to move to the coasts.

But if I advise 100 people to pursue an opportunity with only 50 availabilities then I've just given 50 people shitty advice.

Again great advice for an individual struggling to get by that somehow can front the up front cost to move to the coasts.

But if I advise 100 people to pursue an opportunity with only 50 availabilities then I've just given 50 people shitty advice.

If they're so poor how much shit do they have to move?

If they're so poor how much shit do they have to move?

Well if it's more than what they can carry on their back it's irrelevant, you either need to pay for that stuff to get from Iowa to CA or replace that stuff once you get there.

But ignoring all of that, what happens when the millions of Americans living in poverty show up in CA (where there are already millions living in poverty)?

Well if it's more than what they can carry on their back it's irrelevant, you either need to pay for that stuff to get from Iowa to CA or replace that stuff once you get there.

But ignoring all of that, what happens when the millions of Americans living in poverty show up in CA (where there are already millions living in poverty)?

palma will have a job ready for them.

You're right. California has the highest poverty rate in the nation. Also the largest safety net. Questions the effectiveness of providing a safety net. Problem is the endless regulations in the housing market, which was discussed by 2&2 and myself on another thread

And, what makes California, New York, and other high-cost areas high cost? Mostly land-use restrictions that create artificial scarcity in the housing market by preventing builders from bringing the sorts of houses and apartments to market when and where people want them.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckd...-nations-highest-poverty-rate/2/#3c878c8b2bc0

Drive around LA and all you see are 1BR 1 story houses at 1,300 sqft. Its madness. We have 3 properties currently in entitlement to get turned into more housing, including our own office space. It's taken 18 months, hopefully should be done in 3 weeks assuming some neighbor doesn't complain about our color scheme.

WTF is all this talk about waiters making 40k? 90th percentile of waiter pay is $18.49 an hour including tips per the BLS, which at 40 hours a week is $38K a year. Median is $20k.

WTF is all this talk about waiters making 40k? 90th percentile of waiter pay is $18.49 an hour including tips per the BLS, which at 40 hours a week is $38K a year. Median is $20k.

He was talking about at a specific location.

These numbers seem fairly useless without a corresponding showing of the costs, or where say the federal deficit is under each scenario.

Ask and you shall receive

latest%20budget%20effects.jpg

Does the full repeal take into account what would be replaced with it?

Or is it saying: $250B would be saved with the repeal, but if they instituted ORRA then it would cost $473B, which would cause an additional $223B worth of costs to repeal and then implement?

Ask and you shall receive

latest%20budget%20effects.jpg

Thanks for the info. I think my version of skinny is more anorexic....I still think thats where this thing ends. All optics. I need to talk with our lobbyists to hear whats going on.

3 Pub no votes already, so the full repeal is dead too.

Senators that flipped their vote without Barack Obama to protect them: Capito, Heller, McCain, Portman, Alexander, Murkowski.

(No idea how many would have flipped without the above Senators to protect them.)

Back