• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACA Running Thread

Major hypothetical since McCain isn't flipping but Murkowski flipping after being threatened by Zinke would make this insane process even more so.

The fact that this is even a possibility shows how sad and pathetic the Pubs have become in their quest for power.

If this was going to fail, it would've leaked. The rats would have jumped ship hours ago en masse.

If this current thing passes then there is no vote, correct? It just goes to committees before any votes?

If this was going to fail, it would've leaked. The rats would have jumped ship hours ago en masse.

I keep holding out some hope we get a dramatic Edmund Ross moment from one of the Pubs that kills this, but that would require a spine, and no Pubs have demonstrated one during this process other than Murkowski and Collins.

Since McCain isn't running for reelection it makes sense for him to say "no" if they know they have 50 without him.

Schumer should have put Hassan on the floor for all of the time the Dems had. Her experience with a sick son should have been able to sway one vote.

McCain and Graham are total suckers. Ryan will screw them in a heartbeat.

People will die because of this vote if the Republicans cave. It's that simple.

Um, they are definitely stalling right now. No reason to keep this vote open and not move on if they have the votes locked up.

I hope McCain doesn't wilt and shows courage one last time. He should imagine what would happen to John Smith if he had the same diagnosis.

Betting markets (WTF there are betting markets for this?) are now down under 50% for passage.

most of these clowns are older than my parents who can't stay up past 11 no matter how much caffeine is pumped into their system... surely to god they will get on with this shit so they (and the rest of us) can go to sleep...

Odds are what tilt said at this point---they don't have it so their holding it if somebody changes their mind.

I've never been in a suit after midnight that wasn't half off and covered in booze so I feel for this fucks.

Has anyone heard from a Murkowski or McCain aide in the last 30 min? I would assume something would have leaked by now if there was uncertainty.

Has anyone heard from a Murkowski or McCain aide in the last 30 min? I would assume something would have leaked by now if there was uncertainty.

There is definitely uncertainty or they would be voting. I can't imagine these old dudes want to be up at 1:00 am for trolling purposes.

Hope you guys are right...McCain voting no would go down in history as a courageous, maverick decision.

Back