• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACA Running Thread

He's just filibustering so no Republican has to actually speak to defend the bill.

It's legitimately stunning that they are throwing a 4th term Senator out there as cannon fodder in order to not have to actually say anything that they could be held to in support of this mockery of a bill. They have no shame, and fuck Mike Enzi for agreeing to go read that book.

Really need someone to sneak up behind this human garbage with a chloroform rag.

This is shameful.

This is an amazing debate over the merits of the bill. I, for one, think we are doing a marvelous job of helping Americans understand what the GOP bill will do for them.

They CRUSHED the democrats for rushing the ACA through. The ACA had 160 hours of debate, dozens of hearings, and over 100 amendments offered over the course of months. This bill was introduced 2 hours before a vote, and they won't even let democrats ask questions about it.

And as CH correctly points out, one of the biggest problems with the ACA is how middle class people who don't qualify for subsides can't afford insurance. This makes that problem even worse.

They CRUSHED the democrats for rushing the ACA through. The ACA had 160 hours of debate, dozens of hearings, and over 100 amendments offered over the course of months. This bill was introduced 2 hours before a vote, and they won't even let democrats ask questions about it.

Rubes won't care

I'm amazed at the cool the Democrats are keeping.

I would be absolutely losing it.

They aren't. Several are very upset. they don't trust Ryan at all.

I'd put the odds of this becoming law as is at 60/40. Graham and McCain are total suckers.

There needs to be an investigation of Zinke's actions towards the Senators from Alaska. The problem is the Republicans don't have the guts to impeach him as his actions warrant after threatening two US Senators with cutting off funds to their state if they don't vote Trump's way.

Theoretically a Pub could vote yes now to start the vote-o-rama and then vote no at the final vote in the morning, though I don't understand what that would accomplish.

Schumer giving a great speech that won't affect any of the Pubs.

Some buzz now that McCain might be a no. Won't get my hopes up though.

Murmurs going around that McCain may vote no.

I'm guessing Collins will vote no too, so it would come down to Murkowski.

I don't understand how Republicans can keep saying that the Democrats aren't doing anything. They can literally pass anything they want to.

I don't understand how Republicans can keep saying that the Democrats aren't doing anything. They can literally pass anything they want to.

If you say it enough times, it becomes true in the minds of the only people that matter: the rubes.

Murmurs going around that McCain may vote no.

I'm guessing Collins will vote no too, so it would come down to Murkowski.

Major hypothetical since McCain isn't flipping but Murkowski flipping after being threatened by Zinke would make this insane process even more so.

Back