• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Tournament: #12 Wake Forest vs #5 Pittsburgh, THURS 2:30PM ESPN

Brendan207

Reaction score
Wake Forest knocked off Notre Dame for the second time this season yesterday... now moving on to #5 seed Pitt who is fighting for an NCAA Tournament berth. A loss to the Deacs would surely sink their ship so they'll be playing to win.

Back during our first meeting the Deacs lost at Pitt 80-65. But that was during the McKie slump.

It seemed like the crowd was pro-Deacs today and I can't imagine that will change tomorrow. Fans who like / are apathetic towards Wake will be cheering for the upset. Fans who hate the Deacs will likely be cheering for a win to ensure Buzz comes back. Honestly, I think the decision on Buzz has already been made one way or another... so let's keep this thing going and send off our seniors the right way.

Go Deacs

Team of destiny.

kemba-walker2-icon.jpg

Very pro-wake crowd today. Everyone but Pitt fans will be pulling for us tomorrow.

That's what it seemed like. But on TV the arena also looked very empty. I feel like some of the MD fans in attendance tomorrow for their final ACC Tourney might also like Pittsburgh but I'm hoping the crowd will be even more pro-Wake. Not sure if it will impact the game, but I'd like the players to have a lasting positive impression of their ACC Tourney experience.

The opening line is Pitt -7.5

Pitt has not played well of late as the have 1 non-OT win since January 25 (a span of 11 games); Pitt has won 4 OT games this year. That one win was a 7 point win over BC.

Last edited:
Pitt's miracle comeback at Clemson on Saturday may get them going again. At least until UNC stomps them on Friday

Pitt really may be playing for their NCAA Tourney lives in this game given their recent play. They seem to be on the right side of the bubble now, but a loss to this Wake team in their first tourney game might swing it the other way. The Clemson game was huge though... I have to think 11-7 in ACC gets you in - but crazy to think the conference could only get 4 bids.

Last edited:
It's hard to find a quality win on Pitt's schedule this season, which is probably why many experts have them out of the NCAA Tourney. We can definitely beat them if we play like we did at home vs Duke. And I honestly believe the crowd will be behind us even more than ever tomorrow. Looking forward to my late lunch to watch the game.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/_/id/221/pittsburgh-panthers

Pitt is on the right side of the bubble at the moment. Win tomorrow and lose a toughie to UNC, they should be fine. Lose to us, though....

How ridiculous would it be for a 15 team ACC only to get in 4 teams?

Pitt playing for their tournament lives (NCAA, not CBI), could help or hurt them. Sometimes teams play out of their minds when they know a bid hinges on the outcome. Other times, they get so tight you couldn't pull a pin out of their asses with a tractor.

Pitt has generally been strong when it comes to conference tourneys, but I guess we will see if that was just MSG magic or if it will carry over to the ACC.

It is safe to completely cheer for the Deacs again without reservation.

Tick tock.

Pitt playing for their tournament lives (NCAA, not CBI), could help or hurt them. Sometimes teams play out of their minds when they know a bid hinges on the outcome. Other times, they get so tight you couldn't pull a pin out of their asses with a tractor.

True. It's not as simple as "well they have everything to play for so they'll poleax us." Deacon fans should know that as well as anyone.

In Maryland's final year in the conference, it could easily be the 7 remaining original members of the ACC (and Syracuse) in the quarterfinals.

If not for us.

For a dose of reality, Pitt lost 8 games this year by a total of 42 points (average margin of defeat 5.4 points). Wake lost 15 games by a total of 215 points (14.33 point margin per defeat). That is how much we suck. Let's just lose and get this over with.

Back