• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Tournament: #12 Wake Forest vs #5 Pittsburgh, THURS 2:30PM ESPN

Cavanaugh is going to have to get off whatever he was smoking yesterday and bring it. Travis will have to wake up as well. Otherwise we'll be eaten alive on the boards (again).

I'm allowed to root for Wake, right?

But if we won, we'd then play UNC and I'd have to root for us then, too. And then if we somehow won that, we'd be in the championship game and I'd of course have to root for us to make the NCAA tourney? And then I'd have to continue rooting for us and [Redacted] would be back next year...

Don't see Wake shooting 70% from 3 again, or out rebounding Pitt by 10- will be a long day for the Deacs on the court, but a good one to force RW's move.

It is safe to completely cheer for the Deacs again without reservation.

Tick tock.
I am going to the game today and am taking your word as written in stone truth. #GoDeacs...I think?
Will be nice to see Buzzwipe's last game in person. "Have a nice day buddy!"

The action is on Pitt; line at 8.5. Would guess that the thinking is that WF had its best shooting game of the year (61% from the field), that WF will "bounce" and shoot poorly.

The action is on Pitt; line at 8.5. Would guess that the thinking is that WF had its best shooting game of the year (61% from the field), that WF will "bounce" and shoot poorly.

And Wake will have tired legs like a bunch of Buttheads.

Pitt hasn't played a game that was more than seven points either way since January. The line is 8.5. They've won five games since then and four have been in overtime.

I think this one will be scrappy. Wake could win, but likely won't. I'm also looking forward to a late lunch to catch this one.

we'd be in the semis Nonny.
Well I'd of course have to root for us to beat UVA to get to the championship game as well.

Wonder how many years the ACC Tournament will be around before a team in it wins 5 straight to win it?

Maryland in 2004 won it as a 6 seed but only had to win 3 games. Don't think a team has ever won it yet having to win 4 games, probably going to be at least a decade or two before a team wins it with playing 5 games.

Well I'd of course have to root for us to beat UVA to get to the championship game as well.

Wonder how many years the ACC Tournament will be around before a team in it wins 5 straight to win it?

Maryland in 2004 won it as a 6 seed but only had to win 3 games. Don't think a team has ever won it yet having to win 4 games, probably going to be at least a decade or two before a team wins it with playing 5 games.

hopefully they get rid of the current format when it evens out a little (i.e. 16 teams). byes, to me, are way too much of an advantage. i want the field as even as possible for a conference tourney. let the regular season decide seeds but not 2 full games' difference.

I think Connecticut is the only team to have ever won five games in five days to win a conference title.

I think the byes are pretty fair. You want to reward the regular season since it's a much larger sample size than one head-to-head game. If you're in the top four, you deserve to be rewarded for your play over 18 games. I realize that with the unbalanced schedules you'll get situations where the fourth seed is worse than the fifth seed and just played an easier schedule (see: UVA winning the regular season), but I like the bye format.

just get rid of the conference tournaments and extend the regular season

just get rid of the conference tournaments and extend the regular season

Will never happen. ESPN gets better ratings for the conference tournaments than regular season games, which leads to more $$$ for the ESPN/Conference TV contracts.

I think Connecticut is the only team to have ever won five games in five days to win a conference title.

I think the byes are pretty fair. You want to reward the regular season since it's a much larger sample size than one head-to-head game. If you're in the top four, you deserve to be rewarded for your play over 18 games. I realize that with the unbalanced schedules you'll get situations where the fourth seed is worse than the fifth seed and just played an easier schedule (see: UVA winning the regular season), but I like the bye format.

Agree. Plus, it gives bottom-feeders a chance to play an additional 1-2 games against lower competition rather than just getting killed by the top seeds immediately.

BinmLdiCEAAFHx9.jpg

Wake Forest Sports ‏@DemonDeacons 8m
Deacon fans are already here & enjoying Fan Fest! Wake Forest tips off vs. Pitt at 2 p.m. #GoDeacs pic.twitter.com/5CCf316rMr

I see you, Overalls.

^Didn't he name his kid Deacon? That poor little guy.

Back