• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Tournament: #12 Wake Forest vs #5 Pittsburgh, THURS 2:30PM ESPN

It is safe to completely cheer for the Deacs again without reservation.

Tick tock.

This is why I completely enjoyed the ND win. It reminded me what it's like to love Wake basketball. I was actually nervous down the stretch. And today we're going to a sports bar to do it all over again. I hope we get by Pitt so we can play the Heels tomorrow.

The action is on Pitt; line at 8.5. Would guess that the thinking is that WF had its best shooting game of the year (61% from the field), that WF will "bounce" and shoot poorly.

After taking a bath yesterday on ND -4, I put a little wager on Pitt this morning at -8. Don't love it, but I think Pitt should win by ~10pts.

No way Pitt's defense is as soft and accomodating as ND's was. And like Pilchard mentioned, we probably aren't going to shoot that well again today.

Bilas actually made a good point yesterday (and a lot of terrible ones) when he said we were probably only "winning" on the boards because ND didn't have many chances to rebound on the defensive end (due to our makes).

If we turn the ball over like we did in the last 25-30 minutes of yesterday's game and shoot less than 50%, I suspect it will be an ugly result (20+ point loss). I think we'll play OK and lose by 10.

I should add that I want us to win today, and will be cheering accordingly.

But like a moth to a flame, I just can't stay away from wagering against [Redacted].

Does anyone on these boards with a lick of sense think Bz is capable of two in a row and on a neutral court @ that??? Four years folks....this guy has proved nothing! You think he has captured lightening in a bottle or something? Look at the years before coming to WFU...the man is a loser who was hired by an AD WHO HAD A HUNCH!!!!!

I think we will keep this format to avoid having a 7 game round split in two days and to avoid higher seeds having to play bottom feeders that may hurt their RPI.

Villanova off to a start reminiscent of Wake '95, down 32-13 vs Seton Hall.

I think Connecticut is the only team to have ever won five games in five days to win a conference title.

I think the byes are pretty fair. You want to reward the regular season since it's a much larger sample size than one head-to-head game. If you're in the top four, you deserve to be rewarded for your play over 18 games. I realize that with the unbalanced schedules you'll get situations where the fourth seed is worse than the fifth seed and just played an easier schedule (see: UVA winning the regular season), but I like the bye format.

Eh, I disagree but to each their own. It's a tournament. To me that means everyone has a fair shot to beat all comers and win the thing. You can stack the deck by having the best teams have easier roads but playing fewer games (especially 2 fewer in a 3-5 game tourney) is a bridge too far. This is even more of an issue to me with unbalanced schedules. If we get to 16, I want a 1/16 matchup. That 1 should not be afraid of losing to a 16; the difference is just when they play in the next few rounds, they'll be on the same rest as their competitors. Just IMO.

Just want to express my love for March. On Spring Break, at home in an empty house, ACCT on the computer and flipping between games on the TV, drinking beer at 1 pm.

So, I guess we get to hear McDonough and Bilas slobber all over Bzzzz again today?

Just want to express my love for March. On Spring Break, at home in an empty house, ACCT on the computer and flipping between games on the TV, drinking beer at 1 pm.

Nobody likes a bragger.

This UMD/FSU game is taking forever. Don't think our game will start until around 3.

Lots of action on Pitt. The line is now up to 10.

After taking a bath yesterday on ND -4, I put a little wager on Pitt this morning at -8. Don't love it, but I think Pitt should win by ~10pts.

No way Pitt's defense is as soft and accomodating as ND's was. And like Pilchard mentioned, we probably aren't going to shoot that well again today.

Bilas actually made a good point yesterday (and a lot of terrible ones) when he said we were probably only "winning" on the boards because ND didn't have many chances to rebound on the defensive end (due to our makes).

If we turn the ball over like we did in the last 25-30 minutes of yesterday's game and shoot less than 50%, I suspect it will be an ugly result (20+ point loss). I think we'll play OK and lose by 10.

I think that's a good assessment. We didn't take care of the ball well at all yesterday. Devin played great against a soft ND interior but it was William's shooting that won that game. It's hard to bring that two day in a row unless your initials are RC.

I think that's a good assessment. Cav and Moto didn't take care of the ball well at all yesterday. Devin played great against a soft ND interior but it was William's shooting that won that game. It's hard to bring that two day in a row unless your initials are RC.

FIFY- 9 of the 14 TO's between them.

Back