• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Amazon Prime Thread

"Amazon has said that Prime Day peak order rates have already surpassed that of Black Friday last year"

All right Amazon Prime people. I signed up for a free 30 day trial because I wanted a wireless Bluetooth speaker and a couple of CDs (OWG alert) before heading up to the mountains last Friday. I plan on ditching it before the 30 days are up and I have to pay $99, unless you guys say it's worth it. Definitely don't order enough there to justify it for shipping only.

It is making me think about how I access content though. Here are the devices and subscriptions I currently have if that helps with recommendations:

Time Warner (Cable/Internet/DVR/HBO, etc) --use a lot but very open to change. Can't see cutting the cord so probably DirecTV, UVerse, etc are where I would go.

Spotify Premium--use a lot and love (despite the new 50 song queue limit). Other than CDs in the car, this is how I listen to music mostly. Upgrade to Premium when I got some Sonos speakers.

--Netflix: don't use that much

--iPhone5 (probably going to iPhone6 soon) and an old as shit iPad

While you have it, you should check out Catastrophe. 6 eps, 30 mins each.

While you have it, you should check out Catastrophe. 6 eps, 30 mins each.

I would watch more Amazon shows if they would allow streaming over your cellular network. Not being able to watch at lunch lowers the probability of me getting around to it big time.

there's an ap i've used on my android but i can't say i've tried it over 4g.

you should play around with the prime music as well. see if there is enough there to interest you.

i have a kindle for watching stuff when i travel. the best thing about prime is the ability to download the shows and watch offline. with the free ones you only have a short window once you begin it 48 hours maybe?? unless you have a connection. but you can log into a wi-fi connection to verify your prime and the timer starts over. spent a few days in london for work last spring and watched prime shows/movies and some movie rentals i had downloaded on the plane and in the hotel.

You should buy more stuff online. You get used to the convenience of never having to go to target if you don't want to. I love prime.

I order most of the stuff I don't need immediately and stuff like toilet paper that you always need and never want to be without.

Amazon Prime Day: Post Your Loot Thread

I order most of the stuff I don't need immediately and stuff like toilet paper that you always need and never want to be without.

amazon sells beer now?

Last edited:
Everyone should be using smile.amazon.com you can choose your charity and they donate .5% I think it is of every purchase you make to that charity.

Prime music had a couple recent new albums available for free that I would have paid for so that's another benefit to having it.

Just moved to NYC and am about to start tearing up my Amazon Prime account. So much easier than trying to go shopping there

I am a prime-a-holic and somehow they still have me marked as a student (well beyond the number of years you are supposed to get) and so I pay $49/year but it would be well worth $99 to me.
I do surveys at opinion outpost and earn probably $20-$50 of amazon credit a month so it's my go to for gifts, everyday little stuff, really everything to go prime because it's "free"

Big Amazon Prime user. Probably place 4-5 orders/month (a lot of baby stuff).

Placed my first order w/ Jet.com a couple of weeks ago. It's great. Won't replace Amazon, but will do as a Costco replacement. One giant order a month meant HUGE savings over even Prime. Ordered like 10 things for $150 instead of $225. $49 annual fee, but you can find codes to get an entire year free.

I am a prime-a-holic and somehow they still have me marked as a student (well beyond the number of years you are supposed to get) and so I pay $49/year but it would be well worth $99 to me.
I do surveys at opinion outpost and earn probably $20-$50 of amazon credit a month so it's my go to for gifts, everyday little stuff, really everything to go prime because it's "free"

Never heard of this. Do you get a bunch of spam or noticed anything else?

Back