• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Amazon Prime Thread

Never heard of this. Do you get a bunch of spam or noticed anything else?

Nope. I have been doing it for years. They send a lot of survey invites but not spam, I mostly delete those and just log in to the site when I have time to take surveys. Most average 5-10 pts ($0.50-$1) and there are always a lot of surveys to take. I also ended up in a few other communities for market research (ATT, vehicle industry, grocery) that have amazon code rewards through surveys at OO (participation in those probably adds up to another $10-$20 a month).

I am a prime-a-holic and somehow they still have me marked as a student (well beyond the number of years you are supposed to get) and so I pay $49/year but it would be well worth $99 to me.

Hah. This is me, too.

I am a prime-a-holic and somehow they still have me marked as a student (well beyond the number of years you are supposed to get) and so I pay $49/year but it would be well worth $99 to me.
I do surveys at opinion outpost and earn probably $20-$50 of amazon credit a month so it's my go to for gifts, everyday little stuff, really everything to go prime because it's "free"
Damn, how'd you score this? Starting in 2012, Amazon's student discount was only for 6 months instead of the initial year they used to do.
Hah. This is me, too.

Damn, how'd you score this? Starting in 2012, Amazon's student discount was only for 6 months instead of the initial year they used to do.

I have no idea, but in their system it says "On September 16, 2015, you will be charged $49 for a year of Student Prime." and it says I have only been a member since Sept. 2013, but I have definitely been a member since '09 or so.

I have no idea, but in their system it says "On September 16, 2015, you will be charged $49 for a year of Student Prime." and it says I have only been a member since Sept. 2013, but I have definitely been a member since '09 or so.

And when I started it was several years of free prime, and then I was able to join amazon mom for a year of free prime and then in 2013 when all the free ran out they started offering it to me half price, so maybe that's what the starting in 2013 thing is.

I was in the market for a bluetooth speaker, eyed some that I liked, got one after striking out on another, and tested it out this weekend - works really well so I'm happy

Back