• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Article, It's About Jeff [Redacted] Now

A player is never (rarely) going to say "We've been killing it, but we're just so poorly coached that we are losing games." Codi and others are taking the high road, which they should.

The "lack of talent to compete in the ACC" is bullshit as well. We beat UNC and Duke this year. We have the talent to compete. We don't have the talent to win the ACC by any stretch, but the cupboard isn't bare.

It's ridiculous that people jump to defend guys like Ari Stewart, Tony Chennault and JT Terrell when anyone mentions their faults, but are perfectly willing to say Codi, Devin and others suck or that they wouldn't mind seeing 4 or 5 transfers.

we have the talent to win in the ACC, but we do not have the talent to CONSISTENTLY win in the ACC

I really have a hard time reconciling the reports from BabyDeac that no one on the team likes Buzz and the quotes from CMM, Devin, etc.

If there's a remote chance that coach will be back to coach you next year, are you going to take shots at him in the media, knowing he's been known to punish player for such behavior?

Replace that "u" with an "i" and you've got a real problem ...

I really have a hard time reconciling the reports from BabyDeac that no one on the team likes Buzz and the quotes from CMM, Devin, etc.

When was the last time you saw a college kid trash his coach in the press?
I am sure kids feel pressure to tow the company line for fear of losing their scholarship.

“I’ve been hearing that since before I even got here, since I was a senior in high school,” Wake Forest sophomore guard Codi Miller-McIntyre said. “Whatever happens to him, especially if he’s not here, it’s our fault. Simple as that. …

“It would be different if we were losing a lot of games by one point, two points, we blow a lead. We never have a lead to blow. We lose by 20 points, 30 points, that’s not a coaching thing. He tried everything he could. He tried different defenses – 3-2, 2-3, press back to a zone, press back to a man. That’s just us. It falls down on us, not the coach.”

If there's a remote chance that coach will be back to coach you next year, are you going to take shots at him in the media, knowing he's been known to punish player for such behavior?

When was the last time you saw a college kid trash his coach in the press?
I am sure kids feel pressure to tow the company line for fear of losing their scholarship.

I agree with both of you, but what CMM and Devin have said is the polar opposite of trashing their coach. They've gone out of their way to praise their coach and remove any responsibility from him. There's a huge middle ground position that could be taken without either throwing their coach under the bus or essentially saying that they just suck because they've been perfectly coached.

Bzz's goal is to have the NCAA expunge his losses for the institutional perpetuation of a culture of emotional/psychological abuse.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

I agree with both of you, but what CMM and Devin have said is the polar opposite of trashing their coach. They've gone out of their way to praise their coach and remove any responsibility from him. There's a huge middle ground position that could be taken without either throwing their coach under the bus or essentially saying that they just suck because they've been perfectly coached.

Exactly. Just use player speak. "We've got to rebound harder. We've got to make more shots."

It's hard to say that they were going out of their way to praise him when we don't have a transcript of what questions they were asked. It's possible that the reporters were asking specifically about these things to get the quotes they want.

Of all the losses, blowouts, pitiful road record, etc, what has really lacked is player development. Take Travis McKie. Even though we were horrendous his freshman year, he showed a lot of promise to become an elite ACC player. Instead, he never improved. He still took contested 3 pointers that grazed the iron and would disappear frequently. He never became the player that he should have become. That is not a reflection on him. That is a reflection from the top. Every other decent coach develops players every year. This is just a microcosm of what Wake ball has been for four years. He has to go.

The players have never had a real college coach. [Redacted] is all they have known. His basketball knowledge is definitely greater than their previous high school and AAU coaches, so to some degree they respect him.

Once we get a real coach next year they will better understand just how terrible [Redacted] really was. It's just difficult now because they have never had any experience or significant interaction with a legit coach.

First of all, it's hilarious that anyone would just take what "babydeac" says and believe every word of it. Secondly- The 7 man class that committed to [Redacted], committed to him because they liked the man. They trust him and they respect his knowledge of the game. Everyone who automatically assumes the team/fan base/faculty and staff, etc hate [Redacted], you're all mightily wrong.

No one who posts these inflammatory remarks about our administration knows ANYTHING about what goes into the decision making of hiring,retaining or firing a major level coach. You morons who bash our players, coaches, and fans, are doing nothing but harming the future of the basketball program and University as a whole.

The 50,100,200 shit heads who have funded for a billboard and newspaper ads to publicly humiliate anyone attached to WFU mean absolutely nothing to the team, the university, or anyone involved with MSD. You are not claimed, and you are not respected by anyone outside of your "silly little club". You never will be, even when you jump back on the bandwagon when we are winning again.

I have always been and will always be closer to the university than anyone who posts on these boards, including "babydeac", for a multitude of reasons. I have more inside information then any of you protesting lunatics could ever imagine having, and I would never share such information with any of you. This will be my last post on these boards, at least until the trashy redneck filth is taken out and there are some signs of maturity and understanding on these forums.

Sincerely,

Creamy

Back