• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Article, It's About Jeff [Redacted] Now

Good riddance. Nobody that posts on these boards or that is a Wake fan right now that spends time to talk about Wake athletics is a bandwagon fan. To say that is a flatout lie.

Also pulling out the "my dick is bigger than your dick" when you have no idea who BabyDeac is, is absolutely comical. You strike me as a sad, sad little man. Furthermore, I know for an absolute fact that three current basketball players despise [Redacted] so don't act like the players are fellating him at every opportunity.

First of all, it's hilarious that anyone would just take what "babydeac" says and believe every word of it. Secondly- The 7 man class that committed to [Redacted], committed to him because they liked the man. They trust him and they respect his knowledge of the game. Everyone who automatically assumes the team/fan base/faculty and staff, etc hate [Redacted], you're all mightily wrong.

No one who posts these inflammatory remarks about our administration knows ANYTHING about what goes into the decision making of hiring,retaining or firing a major level coach. You morons who bash our players, coaches, and fans, are doing nothing but harming the future of the basketball program and University as a whole.

The 50,100,200 shit heads who have funded for a billboard and newspaper ads to publicly humiliate anyone attached to WFU mean absolutely nothing to the team, the university, or anyone involved with MSD. You are not claimed, and you are not respected by anyone outside of your "silly little club". You never will be, even when you jump back on the bandwagon when we are winning again.

I have always been and will always be closer to the university than anyone who posts on these boards, including "babydeac", for a multitude of reasons. I have more inside information then any of you protesting lunatics could ever imagine having, and I would never share such information with any of you. This will be my last post on these boards, at least until the trashy redneck filth is taken out and there are some signs of maturity and understanding on these forums.

Sincerely,

Creamy

Promise?

A player is never (rarely) going to say "We've been killing it, but we're just so poorly coached that we are losing games." Codi and others are taking the high road, which they should.

The "lack of talent to compete in the ACC" is bullshit as well. We beat UNC and Duke this year. We have the talent to compete. We don't have the talent to win the ACC by any stretch, but the cupboard isn't bare.

It's ridiculous that people jump to defend guys like Ari Stewart, Tony Chennault and JT Terrell when anyone mentions their faults, but are perfectly willing to say Codi, Devin and others suck or that they wouldn't mind seeing 4 or 5 transfers.

I am not sure we have the talent to compete - in the three home wins against UNC, NCSU and Duke the officials called the games very tight, lots of ticky tack fouls. UNC, NCSU and Duke all had periods where key talent sitting on the bench when they are normally on the court. Did we win any games where the officials were letting the players be physical. I think our team is soft, maybe it all comes from the coach but did you see all the whining to the officials Devin was doing yesterday when the play was very physical.

Serious questions here:

Were things that bad under Dino that we had to tear the program down and rebuild? We keep here allusions to "culture" and "thug" players but what does that mean?

I mean, were things bad like at UNC where players were essentially illiterate? Were players getting paid? Were tutors doing player's work? Was there a habit of players doing drugs and beating their girlfriends? I really don't think things could have been that bad. I'm sure some things happened, but hell, it's college. Everybody does some stuff they're not proud of.

Or was it that some of the higher ups at Wake were under some delusion that we're so much better than every other school that we should not recruit players who will play one or two years and leave? I have to say, if they're good people like Chris Paul who continue to be good representatives of Wake Forest, then I really wouldn't give a shit if we stocked up on one and dones.

Serious questions here:

Were things that bad under Dino that we had to tear the program down and rebuild? We keep here allusions to "culture" and "thug" players but what does that mean?

I mean, were things bad like at UNC where players were essentially illiterate? Were players getting paid? Were tutors doing player's work? Was there a habit of players doing drugs and beating their girlfriends? I really don't think things could have been that bad. I'm sure some things happened, but hell, it's college. Everybody does some stuff they're not proud of.

Or was it that some of the higher ups at Wake were under some delusion that we're so much better than every other school that we should not recruit players who will play one or two years and leave? I have to say, if they're good people like Chris Paul who continue to be good representatives of Wake Forest, then I really wouldn't give a shit if we stocked up on one and dones.

Simple as this, some of the higher ups were under some delusion that Jeff [Redacted] is a good basketball coach.

First of all, it's hilarious that anyone would just take what "babydeac" says and believe every word of it. Secondly- The 7 man class that committed to [Redacted], committed to him because they liked the man. They trust him and they respect his knowledge of the game. Everyone who automatically assumes the team/fan base/faculty and staff, etc hate [Redacted], you're all mightily wrong.

No one who posts these inflammatory remarks about our administration knows ANYTHING about what goes into the decision making of hiring,retaining or firing a major level coach. You morons who bash our players, coaches, and fans, are doing nothing but harming the future of the basketball program and University as a whole.

The 50,100,200 shit heads who have funded for a billboard and newspaper ads to publicly humiliate anyone attached to WFU mean absolutely nothing to the team, the university, or anyone involved with MSD. You are not claimed, and you are not respected by anyone outside of your "silly little club". You never will be, even when you jump back on the bandwagon when we are winning again.

I have always been and will always be closer to the university than anyone who posts on these boards, including "babydeac", for a multitude of reasons. I have more inside information then any of you protesting lunatics could ever imagine having, and I would never share such information with any of you. This will be my last post on these boards, at least until the trashy redneck filth is taken out and there are some signs of maturity and understanding on these forums.

Sincerely,

Creamy

"I'm a better fan than you" and "I'm more connected/important" than you. Usually it's one or the other. You got both. Bravo!

Sincerely,

Creamy

WellBye_zpsb4f41f86.jpg

The players have never had a real college coach. [Redacted] is all they have known. His basketball knowledge is definitely greater than their previous high school and AAU coaches, so to some degree they respect him.

Once we get a real coach next year they will better understand just how terrible [Redacted] really was. It's just difficult now because they have never had any experience or significant interaction with a legit coach.

This. The inept, socially awkward Buzz we've been subjected to in interviews, press conferences and other media is who he really is. There is no way he magically transforms into a warm, caring, cognizant coach who has the slightest clue on how to guide, mentor and coach young men into reaching even half of their full potential. It is painfully obvious that he lacks any skill at motivating young players. He is also one of the worst coaches I've ever had the misfortune of watching who makes either no, or really bad halftime and mid-game adjustments. He never takes blame, never shoulders any responsibility, and is more than willing to throw the kids under the bus to save his own ass. The mere fact that Travis is the ONLY player to ever play 4 years for him is proof enough. Everyone else got the hell outta of Dodge at the first chance. Has WF ever had a coach with so many kids who transferred? He is a lifetime loser and will continue to be one until he gets treated for whatever personality disorder he is fighting, and/or learns how to interact with and motivate people.

Sincerely,

Creamy

Ending a rant about immaturity with an earnest sign-off of "Sincerely, Creamy" is impressively lacking in self-awareness.

we have the talent to win in the ACC, but we do not have the talent to CONSISTENTLY win in the ACC

That makes zero sense, especially in CBB. Boston College best Syracuse so does that mean they have the talent to win in the ACC? No, they're a shitty team who happened to get lucky one night, just as we did when UNC was in the toilet, CMM's travel wasn't called, and Dook suddenly forgot how to shoot for the last five minutes of the game. Our talent level is not the caliber of an ACC squad.

Sincerely,

Creamy

While I do think this Board gets overly emotional and inflamatory, it's no worse than this post. And the cause of our emotion is not because we have a new, younger, less patient fan base. The geneis of the lunatic fringe is because we have a really bad coach and an athletic department that has not shown many reasons to make us optimistic, both of which has driven people crazy. Any fanbase would react the same way.

So before you ridicule fans for being fanatical, consider why we act this way.

As for inside information, who cares? I find it difficult to believe that anyone with deep ties to the administration would ever risk that relationship by posting top secret information. So we trust those that turn out to be right more often than not -- but it doesn't make someone a better fan or more important than anyone else. You seem to wear it as a badge of importance and it just comes off as pathetic.

While I do think this Board gets overly emotional and inflamatory, it's no worse than this post. And the cause of our emotion is not because we have a new, younger, less patient fan base. The geneis of the lunatic fringe is because we have a really bad coach and an athletic department that has not shown many reasons to make us optimistic, both of which has driven people crazy. Any fanbase would react the same way.

So before you ridicule fans for being fanatical, consider why we act this way.

As for inside information, who cares? I find it difficult to believe that anyone with deep ties to the administration would ever risk that relationship by posting top secret information. So we trust those that turn out to be right more often than not -- but it doesn't make someone a better fan or more important than anyone else. You seem to wear it as a badge of importance and it just comes off as pathetic.

Very well said. Completely agree.

The fact that CMM heard rumblings of [Redacted] being fired before he even started playing at Wake should exonerate him and his classmates from any blame.

I wish folks would give the players a break - both for their play and for their postgame comments. They're not going to throw their coach under the bus in pressers. That's just not how the world works. And would you really want them throwing their coach under the bus in the press?!? Just let them be and give them a clean slate for next year.

And as to Creamy's post, he/she has had many special posts over the last couple of years, but that post may be the most special.

Furthermore, I know for an absolute fact that three current basketball players despise [Redacted] so don't act like the players are fellating him at every opportunity.

To take a wild stab...Mckie, Overton, and Washington? Someone-maybe it was on the scout board-mentioned an encounter with CMM that implied he was pretty bzzin at least at the start of the year, and Devin seems to be going above and beyond in his defense.

I wish folks would give the players a break - both for their play and for their postgame comments. They're not going to throw their coach under the bus in pressers. That's just not how the world works. And would you really want them throwing their coach under the bus in the press?!? Just let them be and give them a clean slate for next year.

Agreed. Bz is a bad coach, but he is almost certainly not the absurd caricature that some on this board has made him out to be. Law of large numbers (of personal interactions) suggest that these players find something legitimately redeeming about bz. It doesn't make them "losers" or "brainwashed". Not saying their testimony is grounds for retaining bz, just that they aren't in any way deficient for not validating every bad thing said about him.

Agreed. Bz is a bad coach, but he is almost certainly not the absurd caricature that some on this board has made him out to be. Law of large numbers (of personal interactions) suggest that these players find something legitimately redeeming about bz. It doesn't make them "losers" or "brainwashed". Not saying their testimony is grounds for retaining bz, just that they aren't in any way deficient for not validating every bad thing said about him.

To an extent, they don't know any better. Stockholm syndrome is a real thing.

Serious questions here:

You tell us . . .

Oct. 14, 2009
Wake Forest University Director of Athletics Ron Wellman announced today that basketball coach Dino Gaudio has received a contract extension through the 2013-14 season.
"Dino has continued to move our basketball program forward, much as was anticipated when he was hired two years ago," said Wellman. "We are pleased with the progress of the student-athletes, both on and off the court, and Dino is responsible for that progress."

April 7, 2010 - not even 6 months after the above
If you're going to fire someone, just do it and say why.
Wellman did.
"The decision was based on the overall performance the past three years," Wellman said. "I looked at our February and March records and how the performances declined rather dramatically. We were 16-17 in February in those three years and in March 4-7, and 1-6 in postseason play, including the ACC tournament. In six of those losses, we were the higher-seeded team or better seeded in five of those losses. Yet the games weren't even close."

You tell us . . .

Oct. 14, 2009
Wake Forest University Director of Athletics Ron Wellman announced today that basketball coach Dino Gaudio has received a contract extension through the 2013-14 season.
"Dino has continued to move our basketball program forward, much as was anticipated when he was hired two years ago," said Wellman. "We are pleased with the progress of the student-athletes, both on and off the court, and Dino is responsible for that progress."

April 7, 2010 - not even 6 months after the above
If you're going to fire someone, just do it and say why.
Wellman did.
"The decision was based on the overall performance the past three years," Wellman said. "I looked at our February and March records and how the performances declined rather dramatically. We were 16-17 in February in those three years and in March 4-7, and 1-6 in postseason play, including the ACC tournament. In six of those losses, we were the higher-seeded team or better seeded in five of those losses. Yet the games weren't even close."

Don't think Ronnie boy had his bike accident then...If he had, could have been the reason for the irrational move...

As a connoisseur of dropping the mic and calling y'all bad fans, I give Creamy about a 3.5/10.

Back