• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Athletes Removing Toilet Paper From Quad

Ron told the coaches who told the players, and the Premier's orders were followed. Yup, character.

I suggest we just let the discussion over the quad rolling quietly go away.

[wet blanket]I suggest we just let the discussion over the quad rolling quietly go away.[/wet blanket]

FIFY

I suggest that we let the discussion over the quad rolling quietly go away discussing quietly go away.

Great move on the part of the players; great move on the part of the students.

This is easily the highest point of Wake Forest basketball fandom since we were ranked #1 in January 2009. Hopefully, it continues to get better.

Just let everybody have fun.

Are some of the leaders of this university deliberately trying to drive a wedge between the students, fans and players?

Are they embarrassed by the rolling of the quad? If so, maybe next time they could consider being more responsive earlier to justified complaints by the Wake Forest community. Unfortunately, I fear they wont be.

This whole business with Buzz and the behavior of the administration reminds me of my undergrad years at Wake. They were just as tone deaf and paralyzed back then and often just as clueless about how to respond to what was happening around them.

Are some of the leaders of this university deliberately trying to drive a wedge between the students, fans and players?

Are they embarrassed by the rolling of the quad? If so, maybe next time they could consider being more responsive earlier to justified complaints by the Wake Forest community. Unfortunately, I fear they wont be.

This whole business with Buzz and the behavior of the administration reminds me of my undergrad years at Wake. They were just as tone deaf and paralyzed back then and often just as clueless about how to respond to what was happening around them.

So says every generation of college kids.

Much ado about nothing.

I like it too. In fact I like the fact the Quad was rolled and I like the fact some of the players are removing it.

This.

Here it is once and for all though:

Dear Players,

Everyone here cares DEEPLY about Wake Forest and the basketball program. We also very much want what is best for you, though not more than we care about Wake Forest. The negativity over the last 2 years is very much regrettable, but when the results on the court dictated that changes needed to be made and the fan base was ignored, patronized and even blamed by the administration, the actions became justifiable and even necessary. During your life, you will likely come to realize that at times the path to success requires significant changes to be made and sometimes those changes have negative consequences. This was clearly one of those cases.

We all hope RW hires a great coach and you stay with the program. We look forward to seeing you play next year and hope to see you on the big stage during March Madness next year.

Go Deacs!!!

Understand rolling the quad. Understand the negativity toward it. Regardless, not good advertising for our school in trying to attract a top hire as our next coach. Let's not continue to recruit for Purdue.

Understand rolling the quad. Understand the negativity toward it. Regardless, not good advertising for our school in trying to attract a top hire as our next coach. Let's not continue to recruit for Purdue.

Garbage

Who believes this crap?

Rolling the quad is irrelevant. I'm glad the students did it. The school owes the students and the alumni an apology for (a) hiring this guy in the first place, and (b) sticking with him as long as they did. The fact people were excited to see him go is fine. The fact the students are going to be excited about his replacement is even better.

That rolling of the quad was, IMO, more directed at Wellman than it was at [Redacted].

I wish [Redacted] well. He endured a lot of grief. He can now move on to something else. For the sake of the school I'm glad we are moving forward into a new era.

That rolling of the quad was, IMO, more directed at Wellman than it was at [Redacted].

I wish [Redacted] well. He endured a lot of grief. He can now move on to something else. For the sake of the school I'm glad we are moving forward into a new era.

Ding, ding!

I hope Shaka realizes that if our students roll the quad when [Redacted] is fired, they will roll the quad when he is hired and show up for games. An apathetic student body doesn't actively celebrate a coaching change.

Rolling the quad is irrelevant. I'm glad the students did it. The school owes the students and the alumni an apology for (a) hiring this guy in the first place, and (b) sticking with him as long as they did. The fact people were excited to see him go is fine. The fact the students are going to be excited about his replacement is even better.

Agree 100%

Back