• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Athletes Removing Toilet Paper From Quad

That's bullshit, Nate.

How about this: follow it up with an email letting students know that 4 years of suck isn't "the Wake Forest way," either, and that anything and everything will be done to make sure it never happens again. While you're at it, Nate, stop accidentally calling us "Notre Dame"

I saw a copy of the email. I guess it could have gone to the students as I didn't see who it was addressed to, I just read it.

I suppose, technically, TP rolling is littering/vandalizing or something, right? I mean, you can't just roll your neighbor's yard. The university allows it as a "tradition," but I suppose they could bar people from doing it. It's sort of different than a protest or free speech issue.

Having said that, it's troubling Hatch would stoop to this, and I'm afraid it shows how out-of-touch everyone at the top really is. I mean, he really gained nothing from doing it but came off looking like a putz. It's troubling to say the least. I would hope he would be busy making sure Ron hires a good coach rather than piddling with emails to students over this. Priorities and shit.

I suppose the problem is that the email didn't say "don't litter or vandalize the quad" it effectively said, "don't litter or vandalize the quad for reasons we don't agree with."

Aaron Rountree III, a Wake Forest sophomore on the basketball team tweeted, “’Rolling The Quad’ should be reserved for glorifying the success of Wake Forest University, not for the disrespect of another human being.” I could not say it better.

How come nobody is calling out Aaron for totally misinterpreting the quad rolling ?

I suppose the problem is that the email didn't say "don't litter or vandalize the quad" it effectively said, "don't litter or vandalize the quad for reasons we don't agree with."

I get that, I'm just saying the University has to pay people to clean it up (well, when they're not making athletes do it...). I suppose it their prerogative to tell people when they can and can't roll the quad. I just think it's different than protesting or exchanging ideas freely. But I agree with PH and you that it's concerning that the perceived image problem is more of an issue for Hatch & Co. then high paid employees doing their jobs. That sporting news jab at Wellman (and the incompetency/complacency it points to) should be much more troubling to leadership than this. It's terribly concerning that they still don't seem to get it.

I get that, I'm just saying the University has to pay people to clean it up (well, when they're not making athletes do it...). I suppose it their prerogative to tell people when they can and can't roll the quad. I just think it's different than protesting or exchanging ideas freely. But I agree with PH and you that it's concerning that the perceived image problem is more of an issue for Hatch & Co. then high paid employees doing their jobs. That sporting news jab at Wellman (and the incompetency/complacency it points to) should be much more troubling to leadership than this. It's terribly concerning that they still don't seem to get it.

Right. The funniest part of the entire thing is that perhaps the only time in school history that the school isn't paying someone to clean up the quad rolling is the time they choose to send out an email bitching about it.

Back