• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Baseball Triple Crown

well he's also scored more runs. and if youve watched the 2012 tigers play defense id bet youd say he's cost his team some serious runs as well which contrasts well with trout having brought back at least 3 homeruns not to mention countless doubles and singles.

i'd bet if trout batted in the three hole he'd have quite a bit more ribeyes as well.

Trout's scored 17 more runs than Cabrera. And his team is going to finish third in their division.

Two big ifs, but IF Cabrera wins the Triple Crown and IF the Tigers catch the White Sox and make the play-offs (they're one game back), Cabrera is MVP.

Trout's scored 17 more runs than Cabrera. And his team is going to finish third in their division.

Two big ifs, but IF Cabrera wins the Triple Crown and IF the Tigers catch the White Sox and make the play-offs (they're one game back), Cabrera is MVP.
Deacphan is arguing what should happen, you're merely saying what you think will happen.

If those two events mentioned above happen, do you think Miggy should win?

the angels have won 3 more games than the chisox, so because of the way the divisions are setup and because miggy cab had had more teammates to drive in you think he's more deserving? i'll take what the player himself controls (defense and base-running) over what their teammates, manager, and bud selig control.

honestly, both guys are really deserving--and i love both players--i just think it's silly that if hamilton has an effect on miggy's chances to win the mvp more than what trout does from here on out.

Two things as a Tiger fan:

1. If Miggy gets the Triple Crown, I don't GAF if he wins the MVP.
2. If we don't make the playoffs, I care way less about either one of those things. The individual accomplishments of Miggy and Verlander over the last two seasons have been remarkable, but without a pennant, meh...

Lifelong Oriole fan here. Frank Robinson's .316 average was the lowest ever for a TC winner. Little trivia.

Miguel Cabrera won't win the MVP regardless of whether or not he wins the triple crown. Nor should he.

Deacphan is arguing what should happen, you're merely saying what you think will happen.

If those two events mentioned above happen, do you think Miggy should win?

You're right. We're arguing two different things.

At the end of the day, the MVP is a beauty contest. I would be fine with either of these two winning. But not following baseball every day like the guys who will actually vote, I would vote for Cabrera.

You're right. We're arguing two different things.

At the end of the day, the MVP is a beauty contest. I would be fine with either of these two winning. But not following baseball every day like the guys who will actually vote, I would vote for Cabrera.

oh okay. i dont disagree with you then.

Winning the Triple Crown and NOT winning the MVP has happened 5 times total. Twice to Ted Williams. Joe Medwick, Lou Gehrig & Joe Klein. Not a guarantee but will make it a tight race in the AL, not to mention Hamilton will get votes as he is leading his team to the AL West crown.....again!

Winning the Triple Crown and NOT winning the MVP has happened 5 times total. Twice to Ted Williams. Joe Medwick, Lou Gehrig & Joe Klein. Not a guarantee but will make it a tight race in the AL, not to mention Hamilton will get votes as he is leading his team to the AL West crown.....again!
I also would imagine that Hamilton will be stealing more votes from Miggy than Hamilton.

Hamilton has played in 138 games. Cabrera in 151. We might not be having this conversation hard Hamilton not missed those games.

yup. imagine how great he'd be if he hadnt tried his damnedest to kill himself for 5 years.

Trout could be the next Mickey Mantle. I love watching him play. But just looking at this year, Cabrera has driven in 55 more runs for his team than did Trout. Trout is going to finish fourth on his own team in RBI's.

If it comes down to these two guys, which it probably will, the question is who is more valuable to their team in 2012. IMO, the Tigers would be worse off without Cabrera than the Angels would be without Trout.

Can we please hold the MM comparisons for at least a few more seasons? "Could be" is a long, long way away. Thank you.

agreed. i imagine he'll have a much longer peak as he seems to be more concerned with baseball than girls and booze.

yup. imagine how great he'd be if he hadnt tried his damnedest to kill himself for 5 years.

His raw talent really is insane. Still a boss though, glad he got all of that cleared up before it did him in.

Sounds like what Mantle did to his body his entire career with alcohol. Hamilton will get a lot of votes from both. Trout did not play almost the entire month of April.

heroin is very similar to alcohol, i agree.

Hamilton has played in 138 games. Cabrera in 151. We might not be having this conversation hard Hamilton not missed those games.

Trout has played in about 125 games, 169 hits, 28 homers, 78 RBI's.
Cabrera has played in 151 games, 194 hits, 42 homers and 133 RBI's
Hamilton has played in 138 games, 149 hits, 42 homers and 123 RBI's

Looks to me like Cabrera has had the best year of those 3

Back