• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Baseball Triple Crown

so the only thing that matters is games played, hits, homers, and rbis?

by that analysis, trout has been the 5th best player in the al this year as along with cabrera there are 3 other players with more hits, hrs, rbis, and games: beltre, jones, and cano.

by that analysis, trout has been the 5th best player in the al this year as along with cabrera there are 3 other players with more hits, hrs, rbis, and games: beltre, jones, and cano.

In any other year, would get strong consideration for MVP. Actually, he's arguably been the more valuable player for the Rangers this year over Hamilton.

i think he has been. granted i'm biased because i think hamilton is a proselytizing, junky douchebag, and i love beltre's game.

lol @ "sport in decline" no doubt tagged by some knuckle-dragging FOOTBAWWWWWWWWWWWW fan.

lol @ "sport in decline" no doubt tagged by some knuckle-dragging FOOTBAWWWWWWWWWWWW fan.

Listen you fat fuck, just because you like an antiquated game that takes FOREVER to play, doesn't mean you are better than fans of the NFL.

Hey guys, I know all of these awesome statistics that really show how important myself, the game of baseball and it's shitty players are. Congratulations, you win at life.

Baseball is a dying sport. It worse than soccer. The NFL isn't even that great of a product but guess what? It's still better than MLB. Jesus, you baseball fans are idiots.

Listen you fat fuck, just because you like an antiquated game that takes FOREVER to play, doesn't mean you are better than fans of the NFL.

Hey guys, I know all of these awesome statistics that really show how important myself, the game of baseball and it's shitty players are. Congratulations, you win at life.

Baseball is a dying sport. It worse than soccer. The NFL isn't even that great of a product but guess what? It's still better than MLB. Jesus, you baseball fans are idiots.

You definitely listen to Shinedown

awwww how cute

YouMad.jpg

I love both sports, but baseball takes FOREVER to play?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?page=macgregor/100601

"Before television arrived in the 1950s, the average length of a major league ball game was said to be one hour, 58 minutes. Since then, the league average has ballooned to a near scientific-constant at two hours, 50 minutes and change."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704281204575002852055561406.html

"According to a Wall Street Journal study of four recent broadcasts, and similar estimates by researchers, the average amount of time the ball is in play on the field during an NFL game is about 11 minutes.

In other words, if you tally up everything that happens between the time the ball is snapped and the play is whistled dead by the officials, there's barely enough time to prepare a hard-boiled egg. In fact, the average telecast devotes 56% more time to showing replays.

So what do the networks do with the other 174 minutes in a typical broadcast?"

I love both sports, but baseball takes FOREVER to play?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?page=macgregor/100601

"Before television arrived in the 1950s, the average length of a major league ball game was said to be one hour, 58 minutes. Since then, the league average has ballooned to a near scientific-constant at two hours, 50 minutes and change."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704281204575002852055561406.html

"According to a Wall Street Journal study of four recent broadcasts, and similar estimates by researchers, the average amount of time the ball is in play on the field during an NFL game is about 11 minutes.

In other words, if you tally up everything that happens between the time the ball is snapped and the play is whistled dead by the officials, there's barely enough time to prepare a hard-boiled egg. In fact, the average telecast devotes 56% more time to showing replays.

So what do the networks do with the other 174 minutes in a typical broadcast?"

[DeacFan2010]Hey...fatty....lose the facts and accept that you're fat and you suck [/DeacFan2010]

lol.

Beltre definitely deserves votes. He'll steal votes from Trout and Hamilton will steal votes from Cabrera.

I get it that Cabrera will win the MVP if he wins the triple crown. But it bothers me that it seems like articles I've seen that make the case for Cabrera do so by condemning WAR. You don't need WAR to make an argument that Trout has been better. But it is the easiest stat to pick apart. Laziness.

[DeacFan2010]Hey...fatty....lose the facts and accept that you're fat and you suck [/DeacFan2010]

Listen, I know you have issues with your weight and intelligence. I know people make fun of you when you're out in public, but try to keep up here.

It's pretty fucking shocking that even though the NFL makes you watch 18 billion ads a game, it is still the most popular sport in America. Yes, even more popular than that oh so sophisticated baseball.

Yes, a vast majority of American's are idiots(see Deaconslim.) I, and millions of other Americans that aren't idiots(read: not Deaconslim) will continue to use DVR, NFL Redzone and NFL Rewind to avoid the ads and bullshit. We'll also continue to not watch baseball and laugh at idiots like deacfat who think they are smarter than everyone else.

Listen, I know you have issues with your weight and intelligence. I know people make fun of you when you're out in public, but try to keep up here.

It's pretty fucking shocking that even though the NFL makes you watch 18 billion ads a game, it is still the most popular sport in America. Yes, even more popular than that oh so sophisticated baseball.

Yes, a vast majority of American's are idiots(see Deaconslim.) I, and millions of other Americans that aren't idiots(read: not Deaconslim) will continue to use DVR, NFL Redzone and NFL Rewind to avoid the ads and bullshit. We'll also continue to not watch baseball and laugh at idiots like deacfat who think they are smarter than everyone else.

Again...try harder...you're not even close to being as funny as you think you are.

the nfl is the most popular sport because advertisers like it the most. hell, the biggest event in the sport is more about the commercials than the game for half the viewers. americans are dumb and buy what advertisers sell them, including the nfl.

Back